PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-18-2020, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Fantastic Vampire build, I'm suspect for say the Vampire/Venon is one of my favorite jet of any time...
Old 05-18-2020, 06:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.08 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertony100 View Post
British fighter, de Havilland Vampire Mk.3 belonging to the Mexican Air Force Combat Air Squadron 200. Machine No. 5.
The Vampire was the first jet fighter to arrive at the FAM, in early 1961. Originally these planes operated in the Royal Canadian Air Force, which operated 85 units from 1948 until their retirement in 1956, when they were still operational 40 units, having lost 25 in accidents and several more unusable due to failures and minor accidents. The rest ended up being sold to individuals, including the US company Fliteways, Inc., who sought to market these as executive jets. Given the null success in private sales, they ended up selling to our country, after the diplomatic conflict that had with neighboring Guatemala. (Operacion Gaviota)
Since the planes were already "civil", they did not have their four 20mm Hispano-Suiza guns, which had to be purchased in England after the Vampires were purchased and reinstalled on their ventral side.
15 single-seaters were acquired in 1961 (later two training two-seaters would be acquired), although only 14 were flown and they arrived in this scheme in dark green with white characters in the tailbooms (FAM1 to FAM14). They also had the FAM emblem painted under the cockpit. The rudder was painted with three-color stripes of Mexican Flag.
This time not a Scissorsandplanes model but Thai Paperwoks NOBI very well known model. I modified the twin tail to a rounded shape to represent accurately a Mark 3 machine. I build it in 1/100 scale and with 95 gr/m Opalina paper which seems to work very well in this scale.
I show to you the WIP of the Presidential Transport, very hard to align those stripes. Another plane which is into the Test Build frame time is the Northrop F-5E Tiger II in the Acrobatic Scheme, which I promised to upload once is complete.
Best Regards to all of you and take care against the Covid 19, the end of quarentine is near. Tigertony100.
hey tigre toño
not long ago I downloaded GIMP to recolor, does that program help me?

link: https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/juan-angel-b747
Juan Angel B747 Club Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1147649602234573
Old 05-18-2020, 06:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Cthulhu in another thread says he's using GIMP and his recolors look good.It seems to be working for him.

Come to think of it I should try it as well.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan angel 747 View Post
hey tigre toño
not long ago I downloaded GIMP to recolor, does that program help me?

Is InkScape is a vectorial program like to CorelDraw!
Old 05-18-2020, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.66 MB
Quote:
British fighter, de Havilland Vampire Mk.3 belonging to the Mexican Air Force Combat Air Squadron 200. Machine No. 5.
The Vampire was the first jet fighter to arrive at the FAM, in early 1961. Originally these planes operated in the Royal Canadian Air Force, which operated 85 units from 1948 until their retirement in 1956, when they were still operational 40 units, having lost 25 in accidents and several more unusable due to failures and minor accidents. The rest ended up being sold to individuals, including the US company Fliteways, Inc., who sought to market these as executive jets. Given the null success in private sales, they ended up selling to our country, after the diplomatic conflict that had with neighboring Guatemala. (Operacion Gaviota)
Since the planes were already "civil", they did not have their four 20mm Hispano-Suiza guns, which had to be purchased in England after the Vampires were purchased and reinstalled on their ventral side.
15 single-seaters were acquired in 1961 (later two training two-seaters would be acquired), although only 14 were flown and they arrived in this scheme in dark green with white characters in the tailbooms (FAM1 to FAM14). They also had the FAM emblem painted under the cockpit. The rudder was painted with three-color stripes of Mexican Flag.
This time not a Scissorsandplanes model but Thai Paperwoks NOBI very well known model. I modified the twin tail to a rounded shape to represent accurately a Mark 3 machine. I build it in 1/100 scale and with 95 gr/m Opalina paper which seems to work very well in this scale.
I show to you the WIP of the Presidential Transport, very hard to align those stripes. Another plane which is into the Test Build frame time is the Northrop F-5E Tiger II in the Acrobatic Scheme, which I promised to upload once is complete.
Best Regards to all of you and take care against the Covid 19, the end of quarentine is near. Tigertony100.

Fantastic Job!
Google Adsense
Old 05-18-2020, 07:13 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
OK Let's see, GIMP as Photoshop are Raster based programs. When a model is big as Ctulhu do with the airliner there is no problem; but if you use it on a small plane, for instance a Jap Zero in 1/300 do the recolor and then want to enlarge to 1/100 it will pixel a lot. I found that Scissorsandplanes models works excelent with Inkscape; which is a Vector Based and Free Program. In Bruno's models the Group/Ungroup Function work very well leting you to recolor even for separate panels. I highly recomend you to try Inkscape. Another plus is that being vector format it don´t pixels when upscaled. I upscaled a recolor from 1/300 to 1/50 with no loss of quality.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.08 GB
Quote:
OK Let's see, GIMP as Photoshop are Raster based programs. When a model is big as Ctulhu do with the airliner there is no problem; but if you use it on a small plane, for instance a Jap Zero in 1/300 do the recolor and then want to enlarge to 1/100 it will pixel a lot. I found that Scissorsandplanes models works excelent with Inkscape; which is a Vector Based and Free Program. In Bruno's models the Group/Ungroup Function work very well leting you to recolor even for separate panels. I highly recomend you to try Inkscape. Another plus is that being vector format it don´t pixels when upscaled. I upscaled a recolor from 1/300 to 1/50 with no loss of quality.
well I'm going to try GIMP and if I don't like the result I'll use inkscape

Although I will be busy with things from my school during the week so I will try it on the weekend

link: https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/juan-angel-b747
Juan Angel B747 Club Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1147649602234573
Old 05-18-2020, 09:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Fantastic Vampire Tony! Interesting comments about these repainting programs, maybe I will learn something despite how rough I am with these things😨.We look forward to that colorful F-5.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
The Vampire always strikes me as more difficult than first glance but you have done a great job, it's fantastic.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:35 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Forum member and Junior Modeller John 401 send me the following link about the Fuerza Aérea Mexicana https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH8...6CBarzZ-q4K2MQ It´s a brand new YT Channel, subscription added by me for supporting the channel. Inedit images, especially the P-47s in the parade of September 16, 1954, although fleeting, had never been shown before.
After two scary weeks and COVID 19 negative result,(It was only a Flu and Summer Cold) I'm back to keeping with my beloved FAM planes models. Best Regards, Tony.
Attached Thumbnails
-comandantes-del-aire.jpg  
Google Adsense