PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-11-2020, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
Falco's Airdave Builds

I just got my hands on these two and I have to say... The T-6 is one of my all time favorite prop planes and Airdave did an amazing job. Just look at these beauties... The B&W Version is a "Lazy" Test build incorporating hand drawn tabs directly on the parts and no formers aside from forward end of the fuselage and the engine plate. The Yellow version is a stock build (no cockpit). I plan on building about a million of these this year. Airdave, you have earned your spot in my top 3 list of favorite Card Model Designers of all time, and this means that your entire body of work is now on my shopping list.
Attached Thumbnails
Falco's Airdave Builds-daves-t-6.jpg  

Last edited by Falco; 03-11-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 03-11-2020, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Thanks!
Once again, its no secret, that this kit grew out of my redesign of Ken Uhrig's old hand drawn Harvard models.
While I put a lot of time and effort into digitizing, vectorizing and completely redrawing the model,
I must admit the original hand-drawn design was simple and effective.
It was rough around the edges, with many mismatched parts,
but with a minimal number of parts, it represents the aircraft shape quite well.

While not my favorite aircraft by a long way, I do love all the paint schemes and variations found on Harvards and Texans.
So, its a lot fun creating the various models.

I'm glad you are enjoying the models and I can't wait to see more of your builds!!
What I see so far is very nice.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
OK... some progress has been made. Since it's my first build of this kit I decided to practice assembly/mounting of the wing on the B&W Version first... The approach I chose was "Brute Force & Ignorance" (no formers and hand drawn tabs directly on the pieces) and it still came out half-way decent. I was really worried about those wheel wells, but it was surprisingly a breeze. More to come later...
Attached Thumbnails
Falco's Airdave Builds-t-6-wip-1.jpg   Falco's Airdave Builds-t-6-wip-2.jpg