PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-04-2020, 05:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.92 MB
Scratch built Beech Baron 55. pt 1 base skeleton

Fhis has been a WIP for quite a while now, perhaps just shy of two years.. Anyways, here is some pics of the base skeleton of the aircraft. At this point I had just started the project and was wingin' it. From this point lots of things changed.
I had big plans in line for this build from the very start. I wanted this to have working landing gear with suspension. I wanted working ailerons, rudder, elevators, flaps and gear bay doors.
I'm currently on the painting phase of this build, since I just joined wanted to let you guys see what I've been up to for the past two years.
Attached Thumbnails
Scratch built Beech Baron 55. pt 1 base skeleton-skeleton.jpg   Scratch built Beech Baron 55. pt 1 base skeleton-skeleton-2.jpg   Scratch built Beech Baron 55. pt 1 base skeleton-skeleton3.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-04-2020, 06:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.92 MB
Scratch built Beech Baron 55. pt 2 landing gear

next I started on the landing gear. I used toothpicks for strength and pen springs for the suspension. landing gear worked good. not great. if i were to redo it id design it a bit different they came out looking really good and put me onto the next challenge, making them actuate up and down..
Attached Thumbnails
Scratch built Beech Baron 55. pt 1 base skeleton-landing-gear.jpg   Scratch built Beech Baron 55. pt 1 base skeleton-landing-gear-2.jpg   Scratch built Beech Baron 55. pt 1 base skeleton-landing-gear3.jpg   Scratch built Beech Baron 55. pt 1 base skeleton-landing-gear-4.jpg   Scratch built Beech Baron 55. pt 1 base skeleton-landing-gear-5.jpg  

Old 04-04-2020, 10:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
it looks like it is going to be a great project.

well done

YOAV