PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Northrop B2 Spirit, has anybody made this model?

Hello my friends, some years ago I purchased this extremely nice and very complex model of this beautiful airplane., I am opening this thread because i am planning to build it shortly. Iahve already prepared structural parts to be cut with my laser machine, and I would like to know if any of you worldwide friends have built or tried to build this beautiful model. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Northrop B2 Spirit, has anybody made this model?-page-01.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old Today, 12:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
I'm not familiar with this kit but it looks very promising. You have my attention Petestein!

Erik
Old Today, 03:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.03 MB
please take a look at Gemeinsamer Baubericht Northrop B-2 Spirit / Model-Kom / 1:33 - Construction Reports - Kartonbau.de - Everything around Paper- and Cardmodels (it is in german - but with a lot of pictures )
Old Today, 05:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
This is a really large model with huge wing span. You may want to consider enforcing the structure with carbon fiber for wing support in addition to the card to prevent the wings from sagging

Isaac
Old Today, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
This is a really large model with huge wing span. You may want to consider enforcing the structure with carbon fiber for wing support in addition to the card to prevent the wings from sagging

Isaac
Thanks for your suggestion Isaac. I forgot to mention that using Photoshop I have reduced the model to 1/48 scale. It is not practical to make a model of such size with a wingspan of 160 centimeters in 1/33 scale. One would have to live in Downton Abbey in order to have enough space for exhibiting this beautiful aircraft.
Google Adsense
Old Today, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkelterer View Post
Thank you very much for your suggestion. It will be a big help. The German language is no problem thanks to Google translator. I can see it is not going to be a weekend project but I think it might come out a really beautiful model.
Old Today, 07:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
Thank you very much for your suggestion. It will be a big help. The German language is no problem thanks to Google translator. I can see it is not going to be a weekend project but I think it might come out a really beautiful model.

I was going to suggest going to the site in Chrome and letting Google translate. They do a much better job than the translate function in Firefox
Old Today, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 307.77 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I was going to suggest going to the site in Chrome and letting Google translate. They do a much better job than the translate function in Firefox
My daughter is a translator and has introduced me to DeepL (free online translator) and it does a much better job than Google translate and has more features.