PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-03-2009, 11:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.06 MB
MARTIN B-26 "Shootin in" 1:60

I must say, all the problems I had building the first B-26 Flak Bait was problems of my own making. I built the wings wrong which created a whole sort of other problems.
The Shootin in went together like a charm:D

The only thing I did different with this one was, I left out the internal wing support box. I had no problem getting the wings to fit the fuselage.

I did take some liberty with the gun turrets and clear nose.

I've gotten in the habit of collecting clear plastic lids, bottles, bubble wrap, etc.,especially if it looks like a canopy, gun turret, or something As a matter of fact when I go shopping I spend more time looking at bubble wrap packages for possible model builds

Hey Chris, if your out there Thanks for the B-26 Marauders:D Sorry I had so much trouble with the first one.:o My fault totally:(

If you decide to build these models in the flying mode, with the wheels up, it greatly simplifies the build and time to build.

Bob
Google Adsense
Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
First, the B-26 looks great.
Second
Quote:
I've gotten in the habit of collecting clear plastic lids, bottles, bubble wrap, etc.,especially if it looks like a canopy, gun turret, or something As a matter of fact when I go shopping I spend more time looking at bubble wrap packages for possible model builds
I have that same syndrome. Most of the time someone else will see trash or an inconvenient form of packaging. I see the same stuff and wonder if it would be useful in paper modeling.:D
Old 08-03-2009, 12:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Bob, both models look great.

"One man's trash is another man's gun turret".
Old 08-03-2009, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.06 MB
I'll actually buy stuff just to get the bubble wrap:o I once bought a light bulb in bubble wrap, just to use the bubble wrap to make a clear canopy for my paper H-13 Helicopter.:D Looks great

:D

Bob
Old 08-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
All the women in my life, Mother, Wife, Daughters give me weird looks when I see something decrepit like an old wooden cabin cruiser that is about to sink and I say something like " Wow, what a beauty". and they reply, "WHAT! That it is a piece of junk."

Same goes for plastic and bubble wrap, "Don't throw that away, I can use it!" Again the reply, "WHAT! but that is junk!.."

Yep, us card modelers have a tendency to see something that is not there, at least not until we get a hold of it. From nothing we build something.

Oh Yeah! Forgot to mention "Great job on that Marauder." Forgot to say what I wanted to say and meandered on with life stories.
Google Adsense