PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-25-2021, 04:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 439.73 MB
Sorry I forgot that I had already shown this plane in this same thread before
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing p 26 "peashooter"-verde-i.jpg   Boeing p 26 "peashooter"-verde-ii.jpg   Boeing p 26 "peashooter"-img_20201231_163051060.jpg  

Last edited by Llaut Mallorquin; 02-25-2021 at 04:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Wow, new plane looks incredible.

Your upgrades?

Working on a P26A myself. Very beautiful airplane.

Really like the landing gear-looks great and functionable. Always good to see machine guns where they're supposed to be.

Having issues with the landing gear "wheel pants" for my design. Decided to go go open wheel for now. Rubber Band power for mine, it has a 55" wingspan [1397mm].

Thank you for sharing the photos, they are a big help!

Mike
Hi Mike I'm sorry I didn't answer you at the time, I thought the photos hadn't come out. The improvements are mainly in the part of the engine, the cylinders, the propeller and the cowling, since I had to design it completely new. About the machine guns, I really don't know very well how they were going, since what you see on the right wing must be a meter of something (anemometer?). It was armed with two 7.62 mm caliber machine guns that I suppose would fire through the propeller and would be inside the engine cowling. What you see in front of the windshield I think is a collimator or target sight. The wheels with "pants" this model of mine are fixed

Last edited by Llaut Mallorquin; 02-25-2021 at 05:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:25 AM

think it is so
Attached Thumbnails
Boeing p 26 "peashooter"-collimator.jpg  
Old 02-25-2021, 09:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llaut Mallorquin View Post
Hi Mike I'm sorry I didn't answer you at the time, I thought the photos hadn't come out. The improvements are mainly in the part of the engine, the cylinders, the propeller and the cowling, since I had to design it completely new. About the machine guns, I really don't know very well how they were going, since what you see on the right wing must be a meter of something (anemometer?). It was armed with two 7.62 mm caliber machine guns that I suppose would fire through the propeller and would be inside the engine cowling. What you see in front of the windshield I think is a collimator or target sight. The wheels with "pants" this model of mine are fixed
Hi Llaut,

No, what I saw and not sure now is the guns. If you look at your 3rd photo on the upgrade, the machine guns exit the fuselage and actually poke through the space between the engine cylinders.

When looking at the 3rd photo, my right side as I lokk at the front view, is a round looking part just underneath the 3rd cylinder from the top, on the wing that says ARMY on the bottom.

You are correct about where the machine guns are the the Collimator. Did not know that is what the name is for the sight.

Both machine guns were located in the cockpit on either side of the pilot, on the floor boards. They exit through the fuselage and are in the open spaces between the cylinders. They do in fact fire through the propeller.

The tube on the outside of the windscreen is the tube used for sighting them to the target.

On each side of the fuselage there is an opening for the spent shells to exit.

Here are a couple of photos, the red circle inside the engine cowling is the two machine gum "barrels" the one on the side is the shell ejection port. I think I read somewhere that the barrels had some kind of extension tubes so nothing would fowl the bullets.
Boeing p 26 "peashooter"-boeing_p-26a_with_crew.jpg

Boeing p 26 "peashooter"-images.jpg

Glad to see you're still working on these great looking models! You've done a great job building and upgrading them.

Mike

The 30 cal [7.62] is the standard, but in some later models one gun was replaced with a 50cal [12.5mm].

Last edited by mbauer; 02-25-2021 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Sight tube-barrel extensions
Old 02-26-2021, 05:35 AM

Hello Mbauer I agree with what you say, those exits of the machine guns between the cylinders, they are in my model. Thank you very much for the information and best regards
Google Adsense