PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-26-2020, 12:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 180.54 MB
Dan
I'd like a little more info on how you CAed the spinners. From the inside and soaked thru before curing or built up outside and sanded?

Thx
sp
Old 09-26-2020, 04:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thanks, Guys...

SP: I made the petal as close as I could and then soaked/layered from the inside and hit it with accelerator. I also put a dab on the outside tip as well.

If you are bored and your back needs a break, get some popcorn and watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfFn4NwdAA&t=1s

The CA part is around 9:25.

Let me know if this makes sense...Dan
Old 09-26-2020, 04:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
They look magnificent!
Old 09-26-2020, 05:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Dan,

Your model is coming along nicely. Looks like you are building my repaint. Sorry it started out rough with the formers. Honestly, this was the easiest repaint I did for the Arrow from Marek. All I did was simulate the painting over of the German markings as seen in the B&W photos of the captured aircraft and then I put in the US markings. I didn't mess with the formers and didn't change anything else.

I have a stalled model of another Arrow repaint I did, the "What-If" of the Arrow as a business aircraft flying for Lufthansa (as seen here: https://ecardmodels.com/product/1-33...if-paper-model ). All I need to finish for this one is the gear and props.....just haven't gotten myself to complete it. LOL!

I didn't have to put any thin strips of paper for the formers. I cut Marek's formers outside the black lines. I couldn't tell in your pics above. I don't think anyone has built this specific scheme (US Captured) as of yet.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:07 PM

Thanks, everybody, for the interest.

Robert! You did a great re-paint...I'm only needing to change it because I ruined your colors by using the incorrect clear coat after I printed onto stock. Do'h! I haven't decided if I'm going to do this scheme or something else. I really like the Dornier and I think there will be more.

I cut all my formers by splitting the line so that may explain it. Wasn't hard to fix, though, and all your colors match where they are supposed to. I tend to like Marek's models. Just enough formers to give shape but not ultra complex either. This model has a few fit head-scratching moments for me, but that's typical...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing your model out in the ether. There are a couple more of your repaints I think I shall be wanting!

Cheers,
Dan
Google Adsense
Old 09-27-2020, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 180.54 MB
Dan
I looked at your videos on the spinner. Amazing! That is pretty much how I thought I would do it, then told myself, "Naw, there is a better way." Nope, first impressions are usually the best.

I don't mean to be telling Grandpaw how to suck eggs, but I found out CA is easier to sand if you do it within 10 min of hitting it with kicker. When sanding CA on paper, the difference in sandability between paper and CA is great enough that every advantage helps.

I can see that your tips are directly applicable to the nose of the DH.2 I am working on since it has it's curve formed from petals like the spinner. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a Martin Baker MB.5 kit and the vid on wheel wells has gotten me all excited about that.(Not to mention the contra rotating props and spinner on the MB.5)

Thanks so much for taking the time to make these vids. They are imensly helpful.
sp
Old 09-28-2020, 10:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdr View Post
Thanks, everybody, for the interest.

Robert! You did a great re-paint...I'm only needing to change it because I ruined your colors by using the incorrect clear coat after I printed onto stock. Do'h! I haven't decided if I'm going to do this scheme or something else. I really like the Dornier and I think there will be more.

I cut all my formers by splitting the line so that may explain it. Wasn't hard to fix, though, and all your colors match where they are supposed to. I tend to like Marek's models. Just enough formers to give shape but not ultra complex either. This model has a few fit head-scratching moments for me, but that's typical...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing your model out in the ether. There are a couple more of your repaints I think I shall be wanting!

Cheers,
Dan
Thanks Dan.

Yeah, it's always nice to see my repaints being built. Looking forward to completion.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:45 PM

All,
Tiny update. The first stab at the nose gear. It needs some tweaking and more plumbing but it's a start.

Cheers,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Dornier Arrow By Marek (1/33rd)-img_5914.jpg  
Old 10-09-2020, 10:34 PM

On her own legs...lots more to go and things are just plugged in, but it looks pretty cool sitting there.

Thanks for looking...Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Dornier Arrow By Marek (1/33rd)-img_5915.jpg   Dornier Arrow By Marek (1/33rd)-img_5916.jpg  
Old 10-10-2020, 05:29 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Cool looking indeed. Very precise assembly on the landing gear and wheels.
Google Adsense