PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-24-2009, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
The Corsair has landed in Asheville NC,... Well technically Swannanoa. Between recovering from the many adventures of the move itself, house hunting and a bit of trout hunting I managed to get the nose finished. The air scoop and cowling went together nicely especially when I finally realized that part F16 is the inside of part F18.

Apart from the usual moving trials and tibulations the trip itself went pretty well. We fought cross-winds in Texas and sudden stops with traffic going from 70 to zero in the length of a football field. I tested the trailer brakes at least three times. Our most intense near mishap occured just as I turned into the property of the storage unit where our "stuff" is going to live for few months. I cut the corner a little to sharply and got both wheels on one side stuck between two posts. Needless to say the invevitable circus ensued. Several jacks, a tow truck and more than one failed idea put the car in serious jepoardy before finally extracting the trailer with miminal and mostly unseen damage. I've attached pics of our very over-loaded rig.

Other adventures included the daily "Hunt for Hayduke". Every morning he managed to hide somewhere in the hotel room. His best one was in Amarillo when he hid in a cupboard above an in-room refrigerator. We thought that he had gotten out of the room which is why we spent over and hour looking for him. He actually saved that trick for after our arrival when he disappeared for three days. Finally showed up at 7:00 AM on the porch screaming to be let in.

As for the model my carefully packed parts sheets are now packed somewhere in the storage unit. If we don't find that box soon I'll have to reprint them to proceed.

Curt
Attached Thumbnails
F2G-1 Super Corsair-dsc00034.jpg   F2G-1 Super Corsair-dsc00019.jpg   F2G-1 Super Corsair-dsc00020.jpg