PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-30-2020, 06:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile Brazilian Military Planes in 1/100.

Inspired by Tiger Tony's Thread - Mexican Air Force, I decided to make a similar one with the history of the aircraft operated here in Brazil. The history of aviation in Brazil is very rich, and the second aeroclub in the world was founded here by Santos Dumont. Brazilian history of the 20th century is troubled with local revolutions and civil wars that were only pacified after 1937 with the dictatorship of Getúlio Vargas. The creation of the FAB in 1941 places Brazil as the most powerful and modern Air Force in Latin America thanks to Brazil's entry into the War and the need to defend the huge Atlantic coast in Brazilian territory, an immense amount of war material was sold or transferred from the US through the Lend Lease Act. In fact, Brazil was the last operator of classic aircraft such as the Curtiss P-40 (retired at the FAB in 1956) and the Douglas A-20K (retired at the FAB in 1955). Other curiosities must appear over time in this thread as the first use of military aircraft in 1913 in South America during the Contestado revolt, the first dogfight among pure fighters, carried out during the constitutional revolution in 1932, besides other curiosities.

This thread can be dormant for a while recussed on others, it depends on my schedule and the desire to make Brazilian types.

In the past I made a similar thread here but I lost it because of Photobucket, so as I recently finalized a model of the Brazilian Naval Aviation, the opportunity arose to resurrect this thread.

Well go the first.

In 1938 Brazilian Navy buy a four D-17S direct from Beech to use of Correio Aéreo Naval (CAN) - Navy Air Mailing, the machines arrived in Brazil in 1940 and Navy use in this fuction until 1941 after all is transfer to FAB (Brazilian Air Force). CAN used the Staggerwing in south routes of CAN from Rio de Janeiro to Porto Alegre using a airway route via Brazilian Litoral. At the time of introduction this plane is a fast and great performance, AN-MB (Aviação Naval da Marinha do Brasil - Naval Aviation of Brazilian Navy) have one of more fast airplane in South America. The size of Staggerwing is perfect to carry mail or people in small scale. AN-MB used WACO YCQ and ECQ but in short time of operation with Brazilian Navy, naval aviators love the biplane although an aircraft was lost in the city of Rio Grande with the death of all occupants due to bad weather.
When Brazil entered World War II, all Naval Aviation and Army Aviation aircraft were transferred to the FAB in 1941, which subsequently operated fifty hundred UC-43s from 1943 to 1960. Fiddlers Green model repainted by me in 2010 , this is the second construction of this model that I realize.

Until the next...
Google Adsense
Old 09-30-2020, 08:16 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
I congratulate you on the opening of this thread. LatinAmerican Aviation has a very interesting history. I'm just rubbing my paws for what we all are going to see here!!. Just imagine: Senta e Puas Thunderbolts, Coastal Anphibious Ships, Early Jet era planes!!! I will following you very closely. Regards, Tony.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I'll be frequent visitor here too.Latin American history is of interest to me and military aviation is a good reflection of it.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
This will be great and is already off to a great start! Brazil has an interesting history and it will be great to know a little about it.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 912.66 MB
Great build. It will be very interesting to see aircraft of the Brazilian military.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense
Old 10-01-2020, 07:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
An excellent project!

Thanks for the background history and historic images.

And another splendid staggerwing.

Don
Old 10-01-2020, 12:50 PM

Thank's my friends! I'm glad you like this thread.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:04 PM

Smile Number 2 - Fouga Magister

The next aircraft to be shown is a type that was used ephemerally by the Brazilian Air Force (FAB - Força Aérea Brasileira), it is the small jet trainer Fouga CM-170 Magister. The Air Force Command decided in the late 1960s to replace the already worn North American T-6s that were reaching the end of their useful lives in the mythical EDA (Esquadrilha de Demosntração Aérea - Aerobatic Squadron) worldwide know "Esquadrilha da Fumaça" or smoke squadron. So 7 Magister were ordered to endow the EDA. Despite being highly acrobatic, the Magister did not use it in Brazil with the EDA because it required long concrete runaways and had little autonomy. After only 42 presentations, they were passed on to other Air Forces in 1972, with the exception of one that was preserved in the MUSAL. The Magister was the first EDA plane to emit colored smoke and made an incredible impression in the apresentatios when it flew between clouds when a large beacon installed in the nose was activated.
The Magister is a Free Murphs Models for download on Aaron's website (in FAB colors).

Old 10-01-2020, 02:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Very nice project.
I hope you may include the Xavante, AMX and the newest C-390.
Best regards
Old 10-01-2020, 03:12 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Hey those verde-amarelhas wings looks terrific!!! I didn't know Brazil have has the Fouga, well done Pericles, Regards, Tony
Google Adsense