PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-06-2020, 09:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Spitfire MK VIII Maly Modelarz (MM) 1:33

Hello Everyone!

After 2 years of break (because of disease) Im starting a new simple project. The Supermarine Spitfire MK VIII from Mayl Modelarz 12/1994.

The British plane i want to build was used outside Europa like in battles against Japan and also in Birma and Malaya. The plane was flying by G.R. Duval from the RAF Black Panthers Division in Birma.

The plane itself is not difficult to build, I hope. But the first problem is that the camouflage is much to dark. Only the publisher knows why... .So i simply scanned the 4 papershits and made some changes to the colors with Photo Shop. I Also changed the inside color of the cockpit from blue to green, like in the original Spitfire. The Black Panthers label is so dark you cant even see it. So I drawn white lines around it like on the original plane (see pictures).
Attached Thumbnails
Spitfire MK VIII Maly Modelarz (MM) 1:33-001.jpg   Spitfire MK VIII Maly Modelarz (MM) 1:33-002.jpg   Spitfire MK VIII Maly Modelarz (MM) 1:33-_00.jpg  

śmieciarka - Jelcz 315
Google Adsense
Old 10-06-2020, 01:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 912.66 MB
Jacek,

I look forward to seeing this build. Great to see a pacific theater RAF aircraft.

Nice work on lightening the colours. In the photo it looks like the bottom of the wing is a light blue, is it just the photo? I believe that the bottom should be medium sea grey.

Good luck!
Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 10-06-2020, 01:43 PM

Hi Gary,

Thanks, you are right it should be more medium sea gray. But it was difficult to change this, because I have to pick every area bewtween the black lines separatly but it was not possible. So i decided to change the color and saturation to the whole scan. I only changed the colors of the cockpit separatly. But there are clean areas and not to many thin lines.
Some day i want to draw the aitcraft completly new with my graphic program on my graphic tablet.

Regards Jacek

śmieciarka - Jelcz 315
Old 10-06-2020, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 912.66 MB
Thank you Jacek. I look forward to your build.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 10-06-2020, 04:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
It's a good model if I remember well enough.MM made in those days did print in some very funky,totally unreal (surreal?) colors.Last H.Hurricane they did?I hope they will reprint it with correct colors BC it's really well fitting and simple kit.

Good luck and post pictures.

Regards
Google Adsense
Old 10-07-2020, 09:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.91 MB
looking forward to see this build...I don't worry about your build since you were able to rebuild your health Have fun
Old 10-09-2020, 01:27 AM

Thanks a lot,

i will try my best . Here are some picture of my progress. The parts fits together so far. The next thing (like always) of the fuselage is to color the edges. So the gaps between the parts are no more white. Earlier I always used the same color like the camouflage of the aircraft. But it is sometimes difficult to finde colors that matches to the camouflage. In a thread I read that using dark gray is also a good solution. Now I´m trying to use a dark gray for all edges (see pic 3).
Attached Thumbnails
Spitfire MK VIII Maly Modelarz (MM) 1:33-003.jpg   Spitfire MK VIII Maly Modelarz (MM) 1:33-004.jpg   Spitfire MK VIII Maly Modelarz (MM) 1:33-005.jpg  

śmieciarka - Jelcz 315
Old 10-09-2020, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 62.27 MB
Looking forward to this bulid Jacek, have this Maly model with the same problems. Planing to do a recolor of it one day.

Shalom Mor
Old 10-13-2020, 01:30 AM

Here are some pictures of the cockpit. Behind the seat there is a gap. And the description tells nothing how to fill it. So I made it by myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Spitfire MK VIII Maly Modelarz (MM) 1:33-cimg5835.jpg   Spitfire MK VIII Maly Modelarz (MM) 1:33-cimg5837.jpg   Spitfire MK VIII Maly Modelarz (MM) 1:33-cimg5839.jpg  

śmieciarka - Jelcz 315
Old 10-13-2020, 03:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Fascinating Spitfire project looks good. I hope you are fully recovered, stay well mate.
Google Adsense