PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-01-2020, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
tips for S+P 747 engines

I'm in a building spree still for the moment, and started this fairly simple model of the 747 in Pan AM colors. I have a good friend who flew lots of hours in one, and he'll get a kick out of it, although as an Naval flier of F3 and F4 I'm sure had more exciting times, he sure loved to fly though.
This is a pretty good design and paint job, some of the paint lines don't line up perfectly but I love this model for the price! I did remove the Pan Am script from the raised cockpit section and printed the Pan Am on typing paper for a decal, this is alot easier.
When I came to the engines I found my usual hand made parts weren't going to be easy to make very cleanly, and I'm using 110 card anyway. What to do?
I thought Id try this method and it worked well so sharing this for anyone interested in making these little jets.
Metal tubes for cylinder rolling, typing paper tube on the tube glued with elmer's white glue all (my usual glue). making the sections, gluing them on the paper tube, sliding off and letting dry when happy with alignment, putting in the blade design pushing down to align then lightly gluing from behind, making the rear parts, I used the glue strip on the model for the center part, the rear black piece I made with typing paper. Pretty fun.
Attached Thumbnails
tips for S+P 747 engines-boeing-jet5.jpg   tips for S+P 747 engines-boeing-jet4.jpg   tips for S+P 747 engines-boeing-jet3.jpg   tips for S+P 747 engines-boeing-jet2.jpg   tips for S+P 747 engines-boeing-jet1.jpg  

tips for S+P 747 engines-boeing-jet6.jpg   tips for S+P 747 engines-boeing-jet7.jpg  

Last edited by birder; 11-01-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 11-01-2020, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
When printing smaller models it helps to print them on thinner paper.It rolls so much easier and tighter and those models are usually designed with it 65Lb paper or thinner in mind.

Brunos originals I think are made to work with plain 20Lb copy paper.I find it far to thin but that's just me

Nice 747 too .
Old 11-01-2020, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
When printing smaller models it helps to print them on thinner paper.It rolls so much easier and tighter and those models are usually designed with it 65Lb paper or thinner in mind.

Brunos originals I think are made to work with plain 20Lb copy paper.I find it far to thin but that's just me

Nice 747 too .
Sure, just sharing the method. I do peel the card sometimes too. I like that the 110 makes a nice sturdy model..if it's not tiny...most of mine are 1/33 ...
Old 11-01-2020, 04:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 110.00 MB
Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 431.89 MB
Thank you for this tip I will be building the 747 Delta!
Google Adsense