Old 01-22-2021, 07:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Many thanks for generosity...
Old 01-22-2021, 03:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
Also many thanks by me.
Nice to see this unknown airplane.
And at 'the right time': shortly there was a multi-episode TV-series about this part of Dutch history abour Fokker and the birth of KLM.

This is a nice addition.

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)
Old 03-15-2021, 09:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Thank you very much for the detailed model. I am just finishing up your Fokker F32, and must say it has been a great puzzle and pleasure to put it together. So many struts! Like a Sikorsky. This F36 looks wonderfully sleek in comparison. Many thanks. And I will save a place on the wall for a Latecoere 631!
Old 03-16-2021, 04:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
A cracking design and build, Sir. Kind and generous too, thank you, Sir.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
Very pleased indeed to know that the F32 design has been appreciated and has been of use Rob. You are absolutely right about the struts; working them out from photos was a bit brain bending and then making them was even more so and then installing them was the real teaser!

Some time to go for the Latecoere as I'm now working on the SMS Gneisenau GPM kit, which has its challenges to say the least! However, I now have some useful plans on which to base the 631, so watch this space.
Google Adsense
Old 03-16-2021, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Bit late to the show here, but thanks for sharing, Chris! I love my country's aircraft from the golden age of flying. My favourite one is the F.XX Zilvermeeuw but this one also really is a beauty in spite of its rather bulky and odd shoulder-winged appearance, compared to the sleek and more modern looks of the DC-2.

Oh, and thanks for the tip of using a damp cloth!
Old 04-07-2021, 10:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Am now building the F36 from your sheets at 1/100. A few puzzles. For one, there appear to be two blue masts, that are printed next to each other. One of them is clearly the (radio?) mast that is on the left side under the cockpit, pointing straight down. Printed next to it are the parts for a similar mast that is a little shorter and slimmer. However, I cannot find this second mast on your pictures. Any advice?

Also, next to the attachment of that first mast, and also on the lower port fuselage skin under the cockpit, there are two square holes - simply left white, about 3mm x 3mm. I am puzzled about what they could be. Is there anything that goes inside these, or that finishes them?

Thanks again for making this model available.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:37 AM

Hi Rob, the shorter of the two masts is the radio aerial which sits on top of the fuselage behind the cockpit in line with the end of the glazing; can be seen on the profiles and I have drawn both sides for full colour.

The other one is something to do with an indicator for altitude at low level/landing - a tube down which a landing lead was lowered, so that when it touched the ground the pilot knew how close he was - and I have drawn front and back plus front and rear views; I just cut out one side and glued it to thick card, then reinforced with pva, carved and sanded to shape as best I could and then painted with watercolour.

The cut outs in the fuselage underside I puzzled over for a long time; from photos they don't appear to be glazed and look as if any glazing would have been at cockpit floor level, so I just cut them out and let them like that at this scale. Both these and the landing lead were presumably to do with compensating for the poor view from the cockpit.

All the best

Chris
Old 04-08-2021, 10:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Chris

I noted that your engine nacelle forward open section is beautifully rounded. Is that paper, or did you use another material to form it.

Thanks

Isaac
Old 04-08-2021, 11:07 AM

Hi Isaac, there’s a detail on one of the drawings showing how this is formed; the front edge of the nacelle is thickened using as many layers of card strips as necessary inside the cowling to represent the width of its radiussed profile. The edge is rounded off with fine sandpaper back to the line on the drawn part - need to get a definite junction between the sanded and the printed surfaces. Smooth off sanded area with pva and water colour paint to match.

All the best

Chris
Google Adsense