PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-18-2020, 11:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thanks Ray and Olo!

Olo: Tell your pal they are amazing. I was pretty pleased with my seams...then I saw the ones you posted. Holy Hannah! That is just so perfect. Well done. And thanks for the meaning of WPS. I sort of figured that since the words were almost the same as the little scissors motif.

Still plugging (cutting?) away!

Dan
Old 12-18-2020, 04:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.91 MB
[QUOTE=smithdr;729025]Thanks Ray and Olo!

Olo: Tell your pal they are amazing. I was pretty pleased with my seams...then I saw the ones you posted. Holy Hannah! That is just so perfect. Well done. And thanks for the meaning of WPS. I sort of figured that since the words were almost the same as the little scissors motif.

Dont get me wrong your model looks great ,I was just trying to explain why I am telling you to use lighter colors, and the best way is to see it
Old 12-18-2020, 05:09 PM

Don't worry, Olo. I like the suggestions from folks who know how to do these well! So any help is gladly accepted.

Dan
Old 12-20-2020, 12:33 AM

Some more. So far, the only real mess up is the top scoop. Live and learn and with a little touch-up, it'll be ok. I am pleased with the chin, which I thought would be a nightmare as well as the turtle deck behind the cockpit. Not too darn shabby. Not Polish yet but I'm getting there.

Still having fun...Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6141.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6143.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6144.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6146.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6147.jpg  

Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6148.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6149.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6150.jpg  
Old 12-20-2020, 01:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
A true beauty, and such good alignment in the sharkmouth!
Google Adsense
Old 12-20-2020, 03:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
nice build an good photos well done
Old 12-20-2020, 06:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
A great tutorial, Nicely done Sir.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Amazing work Dan. I don't know what you mean by "the only real mess up is the top scoop"? There definitely doesn't seem to be any mess up anywhere. The front fuselage has a pretty complex shape, and it looks great.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 12-20-2020, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
I built the Paper Aircraftwerks model of the that plane. It is interesting to see how different designers approach the same problem.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hi Dan, your progress is great and so is your model! Yes, I do use the same method of first connecting two skin segments and only then to install the former.
I prefer to use white glue for this (but be careful, it takes practicing) as it slightly wets the paper, making it easier to mold and fuse the seam until it's practically invisible (well, in the ideal situation).
Always be careful with applying white glue as the moist in the glue will make the paper expand a bit, which can ruin the fit.

I fully concur with Tom (Olo) - which is another perfectly built Tomahawk - to use lighter edge colors than the print itself. This also helps to mask the seams. By speaking of edge coloring, one of the reasons why I usually spray a light coat of varnish on the model sheets before starting to cut and build, is that the varnish tends to slightly plug up the paper structure, by which flowing of the marker is prevented. The use of light grey as general edge color always works fine!

Cheers,
Erik
Google Adsense