PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-30-2020, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Paper Planes never done.

Ok, I have been talking with some friends about planes that you would like to assemble but they don't exist in paper.
My Supermarine Stranraer is one of them, or better said, was.
So I'll like to make a kind of contest? board? guide? where the people can say which plane would like to assemble that doen't exist. And, at the same time, anybody can reserve one of this planes to design it.
For example: There is not a Boeing 247 in paper. I've been told that once ecarmodels had it, but today it can't be found. There is a small model of the Bristol Brabazon, but nothing at 1/72 or 1/33 scale. There are not Saro London.
The rules are going to be simple:
1) Anybody can post any plane that would like to build, but it doesn't exist in paper.
2) Anybody can "reserve" a plane to design and upload it to the public. The final paper plane can be free or paid, doesn´t matter but it must be released to the public as a finished model.
3) In case two months pass and the designer has done nothing, the reserved plane will be available again.
4) If the plane exist at a very big scale (say 1/300) but not at 1/33 scale, it will be considered available at the said 1/33 scale.

Of course you can develop another Spitfire, DC-3 or 737, but they are not covered in the rules of this post
Google Adsense
Old 12-30-2020, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I'm hoping to bend someone's arm to make Armstrong Whitworth Whitley,Fairey Fulmar,early DB-3 Soviet bomber and few others but documentation for those is either non existent or not enough to make half decent model over 1:100 scale.

I've been more than happy to commision few models never done in paper before like recent Vickers Wellesley and I will continue that trend if possible.
Old 12-30-2020, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I don't know of any of these aircraft in larger scales, but the Boeing 247 in five liveries is available as one of Bruno's 1/100 models (No. 1448-1452). The Fairey Fulmar is also available as a Bruno 1/100 model (No. 718), also available as an outstanding Brent repaint from ECardmodels.

Don
Old 12-30-2020, 06:17 PM

You are right Don.I forgot about those. I also forgot to mention He-115-it hasn't been done in any scale afaik.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
You are right Don.I forgot about those. I also forgot to mention He-115-it hasn't been done in any scale afaik.
Wow!!!! The He-115! I love it! Mmm... you are making me think about building it... but I'm not taking a decision yet
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Planes never done.-he-115-matchbox.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-30-2020, 06:42 PM

There is always Ju-86P predecessor of U-2.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 117.66 MB
Supermarine Walrus.
It was actually designed with flat sheets of aluminium in mind to make it easier to manufacture which should also help with paper. IIRC only 4 skins on the fuselage had a compound curve.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:18 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Supermarine Walrus.
It was actually designed with flat sheets of aluminium in mind to make it easier to manufacture which should also help with paper. IIRC only 4 skins on the fuselage had a compound curve.
MM has a Walrus kit
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 12-30-2020, 08:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
There are plenty of flying boats and floatplanes to be done and a few Antonovs, for example:

Antonov An-8 - Wikipedia
Old 12-30-2020, 11:09 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
By my side, I'm been working on four planes never released as paper models before: Consolidated-Vultee B-32 Dominator; Savoia-Marchetti SM-75 Marsupiale; short-nose Consolidated LB-30 Liberator Mk I and EMBRAER EMB-120 brasilia. They'll be at 1/150 or 1/200 scale. I post some WIP of three of them being Marsupiale at early researchin state. As for helicopters, the Sikorsky VH-92. Regards, Tony.[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Google Adsense