Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-31-2020, 05:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 323.80 MB
Oh, and an Loirre et Olivier LEO-20??
Old 12-31-2020, 07:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
There was a 1:33? early Tupolev DB-3 I downloaded from the old icegroup.ru website a long time ago, it's in my archive CDs somewhere. Can't remember if it was colored or not.
Colored or not I'll take one if you find it.I don't discriminate and it will be black and green anyway.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
I think lad and dad had a walrus I believe I was 1/48 scale
Old 12-31-2020, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.61 GB
Yes, you are correct CMDRTED, I thought there was one I forgot. If I am not mistakan there was at least 2 liveries. Lad'n'Dad's designs are not easy models to build and unfortunately no longer available on eCards.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
My personal 1:33 scale want list includes dozens of aircraft, mostly jets, that were never released, were released but lack sufficient detail, were released but not in the livery I want, or were released but went out of print. After 20 years of waiting, and seeing all the successful designers here, I finally decided to take matters into my own hands. Learning Blender requires hundreds of hours of effort (and extreme frustration) but once one learns to fish, one has fish for life.

I may start with an F-107 Ultra Sabre. My heart longs for an Arado E.555 but something that large and complex demands a lot more experience and a much larger display case since it would have a three foot wingspan. (I had to look it up since my memory continues to fail.)

Last edited by Damraska; 12-31-2020 at 10:06 AM. Reason: It was a Bv-138. :(
Google Adsense
Old 12-31-2020, 09:29 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Well, so far the conversation follows the following pattern: the vast majority ask for variants of already-made aircraft; re-scaled models and planes not made mostly flying boats. The Bristol Brabazon by Gary Pilsworth it's here in the download section; It is in 1/144 scale but they want it in 1/33 scale !!! If I build the Brabazon, the B-52 stratofortress, the Tupolev Bear and the Short Belfast in 1/33 scale, I will have to take my family out of the house to put the model airplanes in! Designing a model that has never been made, or making a modification requires spending a fair amount of paper and ink. Besides you have to have knowledge of Programs (Inkscape, Photoshop, Rhino, Sketchup, Pepakura among others) or build it from Scratch like Stranraer. Gomidefilho is making the P2Y2 Ranger using programs that are in the Downloads section. There are tutorials from Bruno to design planes, and especially the excellent and magnificent videos of Aaron Murph on his YouTube channel, Murph´s Models.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Best Regards and happy New Year!!! Tigertony100
Attached Files
File Type: pdf How to convert 3D parts into 2D parts.pdf (72.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 12-31-2020, 09:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Tigertony100
Yes, some of the planes already exist, and some of them can't be found because the designers had dessapear. But between the chaff here there are some good ideas. And I know that some planes at 1/33 scale are a madness! I never go over 1/72 just for that.
The idea when I oppened this thread is just that the people brainstorms airplanes. Just knowing that the He-115 has never been made in paper has worth gold for me.
So, hey, people, say another model, another one you would like to assemble but it has never been made or the only existing model was made by hand in an unknow scale!
Tony, thanks for your PDF and the youtube tutorials
Old 12-31-2020, 10:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I'm watching this thread. I've come to realize that I don't know half of the planes that were built, and am always finding out about new ones (to me). I'm always looking for weird and ugly planes to design models of. And those French planes definitely qualify.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.30 MB
Armstrong Whitworth Whitley,early DB-3 Soviet bomber
was printed in the 1940's by Dr.M. Matthiessen,
500x700 sheets, 1/33 scale
Old 12-31-2020, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Ok, I'm reserving the He-115 to design and release myself. Just couldn't resist. Just today I started the SM-64 Navaho, and once finished, in two or three weeks, I'll start the He-115. The scale is going to be 1/72 AND 1/33.
I feel that any model designed decades ago, that can`t be downloaded from a legal page, can be included inside the rules of this thread and considered as "not done in paper". Specially because that older models usually where hand drawn and the colors are worn and changed due to the chemical changes on the paper where they were printed.
But rememmber: the design must be new, not a repaint, not a line correction
Google Adsense