PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-31-2020, 01:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
G-26 Navaho Scratchbuild

The SM64 Navaho was a astrategic Cruiser Missile that was developed at the same time as the SM-65 Atlas. The idea was that the IRBM ( intermediate-range ballistic missile) or ICBM were too unprotected and difficult to control and that a cruise missile would be easier to guide and deploy.
The Navaho was very suscessfull but never was finished. Why? Because they needed a new ICBM engine... they tested it in the Navaho. They needed a new guidance sistem... they placed it in the Navaho. At the end, the Navaho was the test missile of everything.

In fact, I'm not going to do a G-38 Navaho that never flow, but the G-26 prototype models, the ones that flow and the one that was previously displayed outside the south entrance gate of Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida. This survivor was destroyed by Hurricane Matthew on 7 October 2016.

I'm using this page North American Navaho as a guide of the details of this G-26 test missile.

This thread could have been placed in the astronautics part, but as a flying model that would have never gone to space, it could be considered as a cruise missile or an antecessor of the Tomahawk, so I believe it belongs here in the aviation side. This model, like the Stranraer, it's going to be released at 1/72 and 1/33 scale.
Attached Thumbnails
G-26 Navaho Scratchbuild-g26cape.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-31-2020, 07:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
You might want to hold off until you visit this Wayback Machine website:

PAPIERMODELLE

For some reason the words Bertram+Radelow+Navaho stuck in my mind, and a quick search found this webpage of papercraft rockets, and the TIF download iinks are still live!

Of course, you can choose to do your own version anyway. But like others have said, there are many more subjects out there that have never been done.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
You might want to hold off until you visit this Wayback Machine website:

PAPIERMODELLE

For some reason the words Bertram+Radelow+Navaho stuck in my mind, and a quick search found this webpage of papercraft rockets, and the TIF download iinks are still live!

Of course, you can choose to do your own version anyway. But like others have said, there are many more subjects out there that have never been done.
Well! Thank you! I knew this model existed, but I had not been able to locate it anywhere. Yes, there is the temptation to just assemble the Badelow version, but it lacks some details that I want to place, and my model is going to be red and white, not gray.
Let's see what happens when I finish it! Or at least until I expend two or three days model designing mine.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:46 PM

Ok, here is the Badelow wing to the right, and my wing to the left (still unfinished)
Mine is going to be a more realistic, weathered version
Attached Thumbnails
G-26 Navaho Scratchbuild-nueva-imagen-de-mapa-de-bits.jpg   G-26 Navaho Scratchbuild-navaho_missile.jpg  
Old 01-05-2021, 03:19 PM

Assembling the first pieces. I'm not sure how the Badelow model is assembled, because the instructions are lost, but it's totaly different than mine.

I'm including two small ribs inside the wing, and all of it is a unit that becomes the heart of the model.

The missile is going to be released at 1/72 and 1/33 scale. Here, is the 1/72 prototype compared with a Tigermoth. This prototype won't be handpainted like I use to do. Instead, it's going to be made in recicled paper, and, once finished, printed in color.

I could made two versions: model 007, painter white and red, and model 55-4222 (tail number 5222) that was aluminium with red booster.
Attached Thumbnails
G-26 Navaho Scratchbuild-navaho-1-.jpg   G-26 Navaho Scratchbuild-navaho-2-.jpg   G-26 Navaho Scratchbuild-navaho-3-.jpg  
Google Adsense