PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-22-2022, 10:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Both version of the M2+BL are available from ecardmodels (1/33 and 1/72 scale).

I really hope that you enjoy them as much as I loved doing it, and who knows? Maybe some day I would do the british version?
Old 06-26-2022, 09:42 AM

Some weeks ago I had my first customer evaluation of any of my models on ecardmodels.

Sadly the person who did it didn't know too much about wwii camouflage: the review said that my He-115 was wrong because the german airplanes were painted with straight lines.

Well, not exactly. The winter camo was applied on the field, by hand, and frecuently was rounded, unfinished or washed. It was water based and could be removed easily with water and a sponge. It hurts a bit when you have been researching for months and somebody says "your camo is wrong"
Attached Thumbnails
He-115 Winter camo scratchbuild-heinkel-he-115c1-1.kuflgr406-k6-th-norway-1942-0a.jpg   He-115 Winter camo scratchbuild-dcohe115combo1.jpg  

Last edited by Draco; 06-26-2022 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.75 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
Some weeks ago I had my first customer evaluation of any of my models on ecardmodels.

Sadly the person who did it didn't know too much about wwii camouflage: the review said that my He-115 was wrong because the german airplanes were painted with straight lines.

Well, not exactly. The winter camo was applied on the field, by hand, and frecuently was rounded, unfinished or washed. It was water based and could be removed easily with water and a sponge. It hurts a bit when you have been researching for months and somebody says "your camo is wrong"
Don't let it get you down.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Another modeller's negative assessment of a particular kit is something I've learned to take with a grain of salt. Too many times in my model building life-and this applies to paper and any other medium- I've bought a kit and was happy with most aspects of it but then later heard or read a self appointed critic saying how rubbish it was.
I've got a number of your models and though yet build them, can testify to the quality and accuracy of them.
As Ryan said, don't let it get you down mate and keep on producing your excellent models.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 484.03 MB
Unfortunately, I encountered this at the time when I was drawing Formula 1 models. Some "millimetre gaugers" must have made it a sport to look for flaws in models that were imperceptible in reality, and then point them out as loudly as possible. I confess that I was very disgusted with the job at the time and basically quit that community (and Formula One, too).
Don't deal with it and keep doing what you can. And you do very well!

Catalogue of my models
Google Adsense
Old 06-27-2022, 05:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
There will always be those who value their own opinion above everything else. If you want milimetric standards you can get them but the price will eye watering. It seems that some want a Rolls Royce for free or 50p.

When we buy something we are respecting the labour of the designer, if we can do better perhaps, we should and keep our mouths shut.

The products you create are consistent and always with integrity. Thank you, Sir, for ALL of the wonderful airframes we are fortunate enough to see on a regular basis. This to everyone else who labours too, and shows us these wonders. We are happier and better off for all of you.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 814.53 MB
Hi;

It's a "takes all kinds world", but remember there is a huge difference between those who venture to design and those who only build or collect data. The closest thing that there is to an expert is a person who has enough experience to have made most of the mistakes imaginable, has the benevolence to try to teach others to avoid them and the courtesy never to say "I told you so." It's your design and you can do anything that you want with it. By the time that you are done there will be no one who knows more about the model than you do. Those who have been there will respect the work. Those who are interested will ask questions. Answer them as beat you can. When an "expert " offers unasked for advice, smile politely and ignore it. Great effort, keep on going. Hope this is useful.

Regards, rjccjr
Old 06-27-2022, 09:26 AM

Thanks Ryan, Rata, Gerry, Mike, rjccjr.

Yes, the only option is keep going and doing what I love. Thanks again and enjoy my models! There are two in beta-test, one is being designed and 25 more are in my folder of maybes!
Old 09-05-2022, 08:27 AM

While I am with the Do-24T fever, I found days ago that I never did the He-115 in 1/100 scale.

So I repainted the cockpit crystals dark insted of sky, reworked some parts that would have been too small, and included a censored tail.

Then, I gave it to a friend to beta-test it. As I have currently more than 20 planes in the repaint stage and many more in the "some day" list, there is not a release time for this version.

You can see that there are four new versions of this plane that will be released too.
Attached Thumbnails
He-115 Winter camo scratchbuild-cover.jpg   He-115 Winter camo scratchbuild-xcover15.jpg  
Old 09-05-2022, 06:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Thanks Draco. Century scale rocks!