PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-14-2023, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.26 MB
Question In search of TDR-1 pilotless WWII Drone

Greetings all!

It's been a while since I posted here, hi to my friends and everyone who helped me write an essay on cardmodelling a few years ago!

Right now I'm curator of an Air Museum in Jamestown NY and one of our big obsessions is the TDR-1 drone from WW II, which was actually built at a secret location not far from the Jamestown airport.

So does anyone know if there is a cardmodel of this oddity out there?

Plus I plan to print models and give them away free to visitors. Do you have any suggestions for simple but attractive one-sheet or half sheet aircraft models?

Something like those free Schreiber models John Hathaway used to give away with his orders would be ideal.

Thanks all!
Google Adsense
Old 11-15-2023, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Book View Post
Greetings all!

It's been a while since I posted here, hi to my friends and everyone who helped me write an essay on cardmodelling a few years ago!

Right now I'm curator of an Air Museum in Jamestown NY and one of our big obsessions is the TDR-1 drone from WW II, which was actually built at a secret location not far from the Jamestown airport.

So does anyone know if there is a cardmodel of this oddity out there?

Plus I plan to print models and give them away free to visitors. Do you have any suggestions for simple but attractive one-sheet or half sheet aircraft models?

Something like those free Schreiber models John Hathaway used to give away with his orders would be ideal.

Thanks all!
I'm not aware of one yet. Do you have access to decent drawings and photos in case one of our designers is up to the challenge?

A quick Google "site search" reveals that this is not a topic of much discussion here.

site:www.papermodelers.com "TDR-1" - Google Search
Old 11-15-2023, 08:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Simple models

Mr. Book:
I suggest you go see Dave Winfields (AirDave) Cut and Paste Paper models' site He has a series of 2D airplanes that are easy for kids to do I used them for a museum kids program a few years ago in Lockport.
I suggest that you talk with him to have him do a special sheet with the museum name and his info on it .
Enjoy,
Miles
Note PM me with your phone Number for more info
Old 11-15-2023, 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=RyanShort1;793955]I'm not aware of one yet. Do you have access to decent drawings and photos in case one of our designers is up to the challenge? [QUOTE]

The museum has a set of 3-way plans, complete with cross sections at various points. They were obviously intended for model builders, so they are just about ideal. I'm still trying to figure out how we can digitize them as they are bigger than our scanner! I'll post them here when I get them, though!

Thanks, Ryan!

Last edited by Mister Book; 11-15-2023 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Mr. Book:
I suggest you go see Dave Winfields (AirDave) Cut and Paste Paper models' site He has a series of 2D airplanes that are easy for kids to do I used them for a museum kids program a few years ago in Lockport.
I suggest that you talk with him to have him do a special sheet with the museum name and his info on it .
Enjoy,
Miles
Note PM me with your phone Number for more info
Thanks Miles! I'll check into it and be in touch with you later!
Google Adsense
Old 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Book View Post
The museum has a set of 3-way plans, complete with cross sections at various points. They were obviously intended for model builders, so they are just about ideal. I'm still trying to figure out how we can digitize them as they are bigger than our scanner! I'll post them here when I get them, though!
Yeah, I'm sure one of us would take a crack at it! Maybe see if a nearby architect could help you?
Old 11-15-2023, 05:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
If you can get the blueprints scanned, send me a copy. The only thing holding me back from designing the TDR-1 is my inability to find good 3-views.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 713.11 MB
Check the British Secret Projects website for a simple 3 view
of this rare bird.
Attached Thumbnails
In search of TDR-1 pilotless WWII Drone-tdr-side-view.jpg   In search of TDR-1 pilotless WWII Drone-tdr-front-view-low-res.jpg   In search of TDR-1 pilotless WWII Drone-tdr-top-view.jpg  

Tags
air museum, free models, looking for model, tdr-1, world war ii