PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-16-2021, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
New DC-9 - MD series

Hi everybody.
As you know, I'm finishing my He 115 and planning my next model. As I have a LOT of textures from my time in Flsim, I'm thinking about doing the complete DC-9-10 to MD-90 series.
Now I know there are some (many) DC-9 in the market, but I beleave that nobody has made the full series.
And, I have a question to the ones that release payd models: I know, for example, that when making free flsim repaints, American Airlines request a disclaimer swearing that you have nothing to do with them and that you'll never sell anything with its name.
How many airlines can be depicted without legal problems in a paper model being sold? Can somebody give me examples?
Attached Thumbnails
New DC-9 - MD series-abuelo.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-aeropostal-n905ta.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-aeropostal-n932rd.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-aeropostal-spirit.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-aeropostal-yv132t.jpg  

New DC-9 - MD series-aeropostal-yv136t.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-aeropostal-yv444t.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-aserca-full-blue.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-aserca-sba-83.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-binter3.jpg  

New DC-9 - MD series-dc-9-31-sba.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-dc-9-32-laser-green.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-ec-grk-christmas.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-md-82_spanair_sas.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-falconiano-2000.jpg  

Last edited by Texman; 04-25-2021 at 02:25 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 03-16-2021, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 912.66 MB
Draco,

I can't help with your question, but I am excited about your plan for the DC-9 /MD-90. What scale were you thinking of doing?

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 03-16-2021, 03:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I think paper models is such a niche hobby that most airlines don't really care. I've got many models of different airline liveries, and nobody's ever said anything. I've even got an American airlines 757 on display in the fueling office at my local airport.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Don't forget the MD95 which morphed into the Boeing 717 when the two companies were combined
Old 03-17-2021, 12:47 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSongLi View Post
Draco,

I can't help with your question, but I am excited about your plan for the DC-9 /MD-90. What scale were you thinking of doing?

Gary
Draco's favorite and only scale if I'm not wrong, 1/72 of course. Now another question arises, which base model? Sky Line, Feedlers Green, Gerry Airlines or LSM (Leon Schwitt Models) or Geli. I hope that you'll make my beloved Texas Int'l Airways
Regards and following this thread. Tony.
Google Adsense
Old 03-17-2021, 06:56 AM

Thank, Gary, Murph, Isaac, Tony!

Well, as the model will be sold, It wont be based in any other model. I mean, The nose must be a series of cones, and the wings must be a big structure folding in two.
But the fuselage section, for example, won't be circular but in a "8" section. In fact, I'm planning to include (optional) a cockpit and a passengers section. But the passengers floor will be allways include to give the fuselage it's section. And the wings will have detachable flaps and airbrakes
Attached Thumbnails
New DC-9 - MD series-fuselage-section.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-md-88-brakes.jpg  
Old 03-17-2021, 08:24 AM

Sorry, I had to cut the previous post and it had some spelling mistakes.
If I make a passenger cabin, it's possible to make the roof detachable, BUT it will need a good modeler to do it, so I'll just sugest it in the instructions page.
About the scale, 1/72 is valid, going from 44.19 cm long for the DC-9-10 to the 64.58 cm long of the MD-90. But I know a lot of you use the 1:100 scale, so it will probably be made in both. It will depend of the sales. I'll start with two of each, and the numbers will have the final vote.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Where do you sell your models?

Thanks

Isaac
Old 03-17-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Where do you sell your models?

Thanks

Isaac
I publish in ecardmodels, so far I have eight versions of the Supermarine Stranraer. Soon there will be 4 versions of the Heinkel 115.
I published some too in Papercarft Universe but that site seems to never having taken off.
Attached Thumbnails
New DC-9 - MD series-cover2.jpg  
Old 03-17-2021, 02:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
I know the Leon Schuit LS DC-9 model, KLM. It's a good model, perhaps not as detailed as the Geli one. I am not familkiar with the Gerry airlines. The Sky line DC-9 seems to have disapeared. So I am looking forward to your admirable project. If you have a KLM version, other than the short DC-9 by LS, I will certainly be aboard.
Google Adsense