PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-23-2021, 01:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
Free airplanes search

HELLO EVERYONE, I call myself "craft" ..
..and sorry for this great bit of reading ...

for those who want to know what "knowledge" I have of papercraft I made the thread of the modified saturn v + apollo rocket
My Apollo 15 + LM mission J (yes J)

in addition to the saturn v rocket, the apollo and the lm I did:
the subaru impreza wrc 06
the lancia delta integrale hf 16v with cockpit
a fully modified and custom ferrari f40
(These cars, I can say that they came out "very well", in "score" (not excellent, perfect)
and also I am in the middle of the project of making all the space shuttles of axm alfonso moreno, the x-15 and others more ...

why of all this? I return to my origins ... aviation ... aeronautics, astronautics ... aero etc ...
I got bored with "race cars" (I like it, but not as much as aviation) ... since I was a kid I thought about airplanes, I read everything about airplanes ... etc ...
but I swear never to make airplanes ... in papercraft, AIRPLANES are very "delicate" and "fragile", much more than a car, and the wings and their parts are VERY thin, the humidity here where I live bends everything. different from a car, which "stays" in place by being more "box". (This about the fragility of the wings and the humidity ... I ASK YOU ... IS THAT SO?)
..in addition they take up more space ... (not a rocket, just its base, the same is a car)
..and I didn't want to see that what I liked the most .. wrinkled, and "melted" by deforming ..(I can't imagine how long a helicopter can last ... and its propellers in my humid region where I live)

I can say that the shuttle and the x-15 are more rockets and ships than airplanes ... so I did not break my promise.
(also ... they have very thick fuselages and very short wings)

Now I'm trying to think, if I wanted to make airplanes ... what would I do? what style, year, use, etc ... would you do?
I decided that MODERN planes, I never would, have no "charm".
civilians, small and large, commercial and private ... they are boring ... of white paint ... and very technological ... without risky designs ...
the military ... are increasingly "integrated" ... their wings and fuselages are almost the same ... gray colors ...

no ..., what I want is planes that have a lot of "charm", "style" and "charisma"
(Look at the designs and colors of the 1940-50-60-70 cars they were VERY "stylish" and "colorful" ..... modern cars lost "that", they all look alike.)

these are my non-negotiable conditions:

category 1
-FREE (non-negotiable ... I would never download a scanned magazine, nor do I buy online)
- BIPLANE from 1915 to 20xx (not triplanes, not very old ("flying skeletons"), and not very modern either (example: acrobatic "pitts")
-CIVIL (never with weapons, with war paint, just maybe ... training like the "tiger moth", "stampe" or the "stearman" ...) ... maybe and just maybe, a military war plane like se-5 or similar, but without logos or weapons ... (that are easy to remove)
(example, the stearman from paper-replika, a SE-5A from paperdiorama..gloster gladiator, avro 5xx, tiger moth, stampe, breguets, nieuports ... training, civilian or easy to remove military logos)
(What is "easy to remove" ?: a number, an aviation emblem of a country (RAF, usaf..etc), etc. It is not "easy to remove" a striped green CAMOUFLAGE, maybe if it is monochromatic .. it serves)

category 2
-FREE (non-negotiable ... I would never download a scanned magazine)
-CIVIL aircraft with 1 propeller engines from the years 1930-1980 (cessna, piper, beechcraft, lockheed..antonov etc)
(examples and styles: high wings like the an-2, cessna 15x, 17x, piper super cub, aeronca scout..etc
low wings like the dhc-1 Chipmunk, zlin-26..etc)

or others similar ... I only give examples.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND THEM?
Google Adsense
Old 09-23-2021, 01:25 PM

to be clear ... no nieuport II or similars (very old), no p-51 mustang or anything like that (war), no b-17, c-47, constellation (multi-engine) or similar ... no "birds rare "(pzl, wilga, po-x, ki-x old japanese, rare russian planes, fumigators ... etc).
not boeing 737 or anything like that, nor F22 or the like.

old and beautiful. not cold and modern

If anyone knows of any free I would appreciate it VERY MUCH (I don't have money for online stores)
Old 09-23-2021, 02:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Some sites, both categories:

Downloads - Modellbauseite
Zioprudenzio - aerei di carta - paper airplanes
$B%@%&%s%m!<%I(B Downloads
Old 09-23-2021, 04:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Bruno did a very nice AN-2 in 1:100 scale.Original is in "One model a day" thread somewhere and there is a lot of records of it in download section. It is very accurate model and it scales up and down very,very nicely if you feel 1:100 is abit too small.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
As Karol says, there are a pile of Bruno's 1/100 scale An-2 repainted by forum members in the downloads section.
I did a couple of civvy versions: the Cubana one pictured and a Polish advertising promotional version that I've yet to build myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Free airplanes search-img_0399.jpg   Free airplanes search-img_0400.jpg   Free airplanes search-img_0402.jpg   Free airplanes search-img_0401.jpg   Free airplanes search-capture.jpg  

Old 09-26-2021, 07:06 AM

a beauty, really a beauty. (that an-2 is on my list of candidates)
(and the tiger moth of fabrizio)
..something like that, but with others (of those same categories)
I saw a yellow and black stampe ... (and its "rothmans" version) 1-33 but as I saw it is extremely complex. (cricketaero)
(I also saw very complex nieuports, sopwiths, etc. on that page)

Any suggestions for these planes?:
waco yfm 5 or upf 7
texan
another tiger moth -stampe
a dhc chipmunk (or czech versions of zlin)
champion -aeronca- scout citabria
ryan navion
pt-22 recruit
beechcraft baron / mentor / duke / duchess / skipper / queenair /
piper seminole / arapaho / twin comanche / tomahawk / pawnee / seneca / warrior / pacer..tri pacer / super cub / pa-12-14 cruiser / pa-11 cub special / j-3 cub
cessna ... the ancients from 120 to 175 (including the stagerwing d17)
or similar to those ... with the same detail as the free an-2 (or the aforementioned "cricketaero")?

any suggestions?
Old 09-26-2021, 10:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Bruno also did a cool free Piper Cherokee Cruiser

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/6...post13045.html

Here is a list of free models in thread.It's old but it can be useful:

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/6...post13058.html

By any estimation building just those models will take a couple of years.Add your won recolors and resized model and they will keep you busy during retirement. Cheapest hobby there is afaik and far more enjoyable than many.

btw-I hope you will post some pictures of your models-we love pictures
Old 09-26-2021, 11:35 AM

(Sorry for not speaking English .. I used the google translator) ... but I don't know what afaik ... so as far as I know, I have very little time and I would like to use it in the most "satisfactory" model that my eyes enjoy watch. I have a lot of work figuring out what I like, trying to find it free, and compare it with other similar jobs (I like knowing that I did a complex job, but achievable ... neither easy, nor "rivet counter")

Thank you very much for the cooperation ... right now I walk the ENTIRE download section.
the photos ... count on them (I am not a soulless monster ... I know what it is enjoyed to see the work done)

my last message (for now) ... "if anyone knows about something that is above ... I will appreciate it".
Cheers
Old 09-26-2021, 11:45 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft View Post
but I don't know what afaik ... so as far as I know
You just answered your own question
AFAIK = As Far As I Know.

Model building is not a race, so take your time, go slow, be precise, and document the build, as it will help others who might want to build that same model.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-26-2021, 04:11 PM

I understand you ... my career is to FIND OUT ... when I get the desired model ... I'm going to enjoy it sooo slowly ... until the final explosion .............
someone knows about "stahlhart" models (has a very VERY "tasty" gladiator gloster)
Stahlhart Papercraft – Paper Models of Aircraft, Buildings and Figures

and the page "landships" also has a very good breguet ..
Landships II
(within the creator tab "Wayne McCullough")

someone knows if both are free ... and if someone could put them together?
Google Adsense