PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-25-2022, 01:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Send me template for this plane

No, I confess that this time this sentence wasn't send to me.

But a lot of times has been.

So please: Education. Respect. Good manners.

Please
Google Adsense
Old 01-25-2022, 02:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.97 MB
Hello, Draco.....Yes, model design can take a great deal of time and effort. I agree we should respect this. Recoloring is the same especially when tbe model represents a specific subject. Respect the designers and colorists. This respect includes paying for models that are for sale.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Fully agree.
designing paper models will never makes us rich. That's not why we do it, that's not we ask a little contribution. It is done to make clear that lots of work and experience has gone in creating these models.
So indeed, showing some respect for those creators would be much appreciated.
Lack of it made me leave the site for two years. Now I'm back for those that have been supporting me since the beginning with their kindness and respect.
This community is great. Don't let the lack of common decency take that away.
B
Old 01-25-2022, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Hear hear.
Most of the problem seems to be a lack of awareness and understanding of the time and effort put into creating a paper design. Perhaps the thinking is ''that person has an artistic talent that I don't have, so that person can just snap their fingers or press the right buttons on a computer and a design or an artwork appears out of nowhere.''
I'm not a designer yet I know that simply is not the case.
Appreciation and respect will keep around those geese that lay those golden eggs.

Disclaimer: I don't actually think that any particular designer is actually a goose.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yeah, I got a PM from username DetailDevil asking for a WebDude file.
Google Adsense
Old 01-25-2022, 05:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
"It comes from a computer, so it doesn't take that much time/work/etc..."

That was always the sentiment that I got from people asking me to do some graphics work for them.

"Education. Respect. Good manners."

^^^^^^^ THIS!^^^^^^^
Old 01-26-2022, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
I am always in awe at how people design models- I, for one, have nothing but respect. However, this appears to be a 'me..me..me...want.. want..want' world. Very sad.😥
Old 01-26-2022, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
I am always in awe at how people design models- I, for one, have nothing but respect. However, this appears to be a 'me..me..me...want.. want..want' world. Very sad.😥
I'm in the same boat. My design skills are... well, I don't have any design skills. The work people do here amazes me. So much talent. And often, such generosity.

For some of us, all we can give back to the hobby is our builds or techniques. Sometimes that seems a minimal contribution, compared to others.

And yeah, even accounting for differences in language, I'm saddened by folks who come to the forums and say -- almost demand -- that somebody design them a model or do a repaint. No "please," no "thank you." And we never hear from them again, and/or they never share their builds.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
This is always a minefield in this discussion because it involves a series of problems and moral and ethical order which varies greatly from culture to culture and country to country.

But here my 2 cents...

In environments with active moderation as here on the forum this is not very observable, I'll call it "insensitivity" not to say lack of education.

The biggest problem is in social networks like Facebook and others. People who ask for models in groups and communities when they see it assembled think that any model is free (because of the wide choice between free and pirated models and then level it down thinking that any model is available the moment it is displayed on some network) and therefore whoever designed or built it has an obligation to share. In order not to run the risk of generating a controversy in a forum space that doesn't even seem suitable for this discussion, the problem is more common than we imagine and comes from a misconception of the hobby, that the only necessary investment in it is yours. search time to find the model, assemble it in the best possible or necessary way, as expenses with printer and internet are relative.

The other issue is to think that the designer has an obligation to offer something for free. Well this is an individual choice, people lose control of what they ask for, just see in the thread "One Model per Non Working day" the amount of requests that people made without even saying please or thank you, abusing Bruno's goodwill, and here comes my second reflection, digital accumulation (I can say it on my own because I am an accumulator) an effect similar to what happens in plastic modeling where modellers have stocks of kits to assemble that he will need a thousand years of life to make them all. The same is true for us who have storage units full of models to assemble. So ok, it was more than two cents, I think the please, thank you and more than that, building what is offered with goodwill and respecting the options of those who want to sell their designs is already a good way to go.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
I think it is even unfair when someone is designing a model and some nonsense comments arise, and I've experienced many, from texture recolor destructive criticism to crazy copyright questions concerning photos that are 100 years old and also questioning my own designs!!.. , and most of the times the model is not even in alpha tests, everyone works differently. I agree that in some cases and comments ignorance is risky...
Google Adsense