PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-03-2021, 09:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Very nice! This rare subject take form!
Old 12-04-2021, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Thanks!

Talking about weathering, here is an example: I have weathered the left side of the tail (displayed in the right side of the picture, you understand me) but let the opposite side untouched.

I added shadows, panels and dust. And still remain to add more small details!
Attached Thumbnails
Another Warbird to Enjoy-n-3pb-tail.jpg  
Old 12-05-2021, 05:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Getting colours right on scale models is and always will be the ultimate challenge.
It always comes down to the old maxim: if it looks right then it probably is right.
The FAA Extra Dk Sea Grey and Dk Slate Grey you've represented on that tail example, along with the subtle weathering effects, certainly look right to me. Well done and looking forward to the finished product Draco.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Getting colours right on scale models is and always will be the ultimate challenge.
It always comes down to the old maxim: if it looks right then it probably is right.
The FAA Extra Dk Sea Grey and Dk Slate Grey you've represented on that tail example, along with the subtle weathering effects, certainly look right to me. Well done and looking forward to the finished product Draco.
Thanks, Rata.
Yes, I used Gunze Sangyo colors as a guide for the digital model. I was talking a bit about the photograps, that even using the real colors, the photo will show variations, and a bit about another paper models too, not mine. For example, this picture of a B-17 model shows that the control surfaces are a bit lighter than the rest of the plane. Well, the original color is olive drab over all the plane, BUT the control surfaces are covered with fabric, and the sun "washes" the paint in this zone while doesn't affect the metalic surfaces. The N-3PB has fabric covered surfaces, too, but I haven't found evidence of wearing in the pictures of this plane.

Anyway, the floats are designed and are being assembled. Just 7 parts remain to do: guns, propeler, pitot, bombs, a siren? on the left side of the fuselage, the floats supports and the radio mast.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Warbird to Enjoy-northrop-n-3pb-planos-1-.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-dsc07399.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-dsc07400.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-b-17.jpg  
Old 12-08-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
.....this picture of a B-17 model shows that the control surfaces are a bit lighter than the rest of the plane. Well, the original color is olive drab over all the plane, BUT the control surfaces are covered with fabric, and the sun "washes" the paint in this zone while doesn't affect the metalic surfaces. The N-3PB has fabric covered surfaces, too, but I haven't found evidence of wearing in the pictures of this plane.
You usually won't. US Dark Olive Drab 41 was a particular problem and officially noted early in the war to have 'extended durability' issues and tended to fade quickly, especially on fabric surfaces.
Old 12-10-2021, 03:22 PM

Well, few parts remain!
Digital design: Just the propeller, the exausts, the "legs", the siren, weapons and the mast to do.
Alpha test model: The same, plus the cockpit and the second layer of paint that I'll place once the "legs" are glued.

The plane in the Norwegian museum includes three bombs and two deep charges. I'm planing to include three deep charges, three medium bombs and three small bombs, and to let everybody select the final arrangement.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Warbird to Enjoy-cover.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-dsc07401.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-n-3pb-norwegian-armed-forces-aircraft-collection-6-.jpg  
Old 12-12-2021, 12:01 PM

Second layer of paint applied. Everything changes, don't you?

Today I'll finish the "legs" and the bomb rack. Maybe I'll start to design the propeller and the exausts.

Tomorrow, to send the plane to my beta-testers and design the weapons.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Warbird to Enjoy-dsc07405.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-dsc07406.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-dsc07410.jpg  

Last edited by Draco; 12-12-2021 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-12-2021, 03:24 PM

Nearly there. Will make a worthwhile addition to the shelf.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
I think this is a first in paper.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:21 PM

Thanks, Rata!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
I think this is a first in paper.
Yes, wireandpaper. Like my Stranraer and my He 115, this model is the first time that is done in paper.

Right now I'm assembling the "legs" and finishing to design the shaft of the propeller.
Then comes the bomb rack and the bombs. But I'm seen that this plane used to fly unarmed, just guns. So I'll distribute it like this to my beta testers, and while they assemble two versions of the plane I'll finish the weapons, including a torpedo.

Information about this bombs is scarce, but luckily I found an ebook with this data.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Warbird to Enjoy-bombas.jpg   Another Warbird to Enjoy-swordfish-67-.jpg  
Google Adsense