PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 10:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
WWII Hitler Youth Glider

This is a post card model from my collection, I have cleaned it up and enlarged it. I printed mine on heavy card stock and it does fly pretty good. The glider is picky about how it is launched, a gentle slightly downward toss works best for mine. This was issued in the late 1930's and early 1940's by the NSFK. I have a few more different styles of these and will post them when I get a chance to build and fly the models. This should be in the downloads section soon (if I did everything right - I'm old) the medal in the picture is a real Hitler Youth pin.
Thanks,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
WWII Hitler Youth Glider-img_5069.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-16-2023, 10:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.57 GB
Objection

This is not something to be celebrated. Why do anything more with it than leave it in its original form or give it to an archive, as an artifact of a horrifyingly shameful time? There are many cardstock glider designs available, so why propagate these? I hope you do not make it available for download. Especially with the resurgence of neo-Nazism in the USA and around the world today.
Old 12-17-2023, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynoldsSlumber View Post
This is not something to be celebrated. Why do anything more with it than leave it in its original form or give it to an archive, as an artifact of a horrifyingly shameful time? There are many cardstock glider designs available, so why propagate these? I hope you do not make it available for download. Especially with the resurgence of neo-Nazism in the USA and around the world today.
This is a part of history and I doubt that you will be able to change that. World War II is a very important part of the history of the entire world and this would be a much different place had it not ended as it did. If you believe that to be a shameful time maybe you should pick up a book and do some research on the war and just what caused it. If we choose to ignore this period in time will that bring all of those killed back to life and restore all of the damage done? I think not. But it would set the stage for it to be repeated. If you are offended by this I don't really care, you were not forced to view it, you could have simply passed it by.
Old 12-17-2023, 01:34 AM

The shameful glider

here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
WWII Hitler Youth Glider-glider-dw-page-drw.jpg  
Old 12-17-2023, 01:49 AM

Indeed, why don't gift shops today have a section of Nazi greeting cards for sale? Otherwise how will we remember how awful the Nazis were?

You're really telling on yourself here to promote this material, "cleaned up and enlarged" even, and without providing the moral context. But I'm not addressing you anymore, I'm addressing everyone else reading this: this is a moral test for you. Are you OK with the context-free promulgation of Nazi paraphernalia? If not, please report this thread, as I have.
Google Adsense
Old 12-17-2023, 02:06 AM

You sir have proven yourself to be a person who thinks they should control the thoughts and actions of everyone, as you seem to believe you are right and all others are wrong. While I firmly believe you have a right to your opinion, I also have a right to my opinion. At no time did I say I agreed with the Nazi beliefs. I will also not conform to the "woke" beliefs nor that of the Liberals. Politically correct I am not and never will be. One more thing, if you were to see my large WWII collection you would most likely have a total melt down.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:46 AM

"Stop trying to ruin my enjoyment of Nazi paraphernalia."

Earnestly, that is exactly my point. That enjoyment, here in public, is deserving of condemnation.
Old 12-17-2023, 03:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
@ reynoldsslumber, my folks, immediate family that is, fought in that war. Writing things we do not like out of history is a hysterical reaction to current norms being forced by a few fellow human beings but wokeism is to be resisted. Sorry mate but you are the one out of order.
Old 12-17-2023, 04:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 520.55 MB
For heavens sake, it's a paper model of a glider. If you look at the forum it's awash with models of 'Nazi' tanks and 'Nazi' aircraft. Are they all promoting or celebrating the 'Nazi' cause? Where EXACTLY do you draw the line and decide what should be banned and what's acceptable.

As for wokeism, I agree with Mike. It's so ironic that their attempts to control free speech mirror tactics used by the Nazis themselves! All types of extremism are dangerous, whether far right or hard left.
Old 12-17-2023, 04:52 AM

When everyone excitedly builds their Hitler Youth airplanes (multiple) and rushes red-cheeked out to the winter fields to merrily trim them for the best glide—look at them soar just so!—they mustn't forget to make a replica Hitler Youth pin as well and attach it prominently on their shirt collars. Otherwise they wouldn't be getting the full experience (nor the essential reminder of the historic origins of fascism). In fact, best do it every day the winds are calm and the skies clear, lest the lessons fade. (That may have sounded better in the original German.) Then again, maybe it just isn't the same without obtaining an actual Hitler Youth pin to wear. The authenticity would put a smile on those bright shining faces!

Three for three so far on mention of "wokeism," the modern derogatory term for valuing the lives and experiences of those different from oneself. (Note that the origins of the term "stay woke" include that of warnings to watch out for non-obvious violent white supremacists. Not noted to accuse anyone of such, but to actually speak about historic fascism in an American context.)

Where exactly do I draw the line? It's on obtaining enjoyment from, and promulgating, the literal propaganda materials used by the Nazis to indoctrinate children into seeking the extermination of Jews, gay people, disabled people, and many thousands more. Document it? Remember it? Put it in a museum? Fine. Deriving enjoyment from it is immoral, and distributing it widely without context amounts to renewing the Nazis' work. Any clarification necessary?
Google Adsense
Closed Thread

Tags
germany, glider, nazi, nsfk, wwii