PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-14-2022, 12:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Well, I reached the point when I don't think about "what I'm going to do", but "what remains to do".

At this point, glue the frontal cover of the engines (bronze colored), glue the propellers, design the floats, design a small strip that cover the joining between the central and external sections of the upper wing, design the exaust, design the radio masts... and that's all. Ah! And update the instructions.

The alpha model, of course, needs to glue the wires, including the one ahead of the cockpit, and to paint all the lower surfaces with aluminium. Yours doesn't need this. Better said: the wires are optional.
Attached Thumbnails
Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-london-dsc07797-1-.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-london-dsc07797-2-.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-londoncover.jpg  

Last edited by Draco; 05-14-2022 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Very nice! Rare model! First time in paper!
Old 05-17-2022, 10:44 AM

Still fixing the right length of the wing struts. Sadly, what should be a task of a few minutes with the right glue (Testors plastic glue) that isn't available in this country, has became a tedious job with water-based glue.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:32 PM

Struts (at last) finisheds.

Now remain to glue the propellers, the exaust, design the floats and radio mast, and place the small strip that joins the inner and outer sections of the upper wing!

Ah! And design the footrests around the bow! (I just have placed one, where the cable goes in the pictures)

Then I'll send the drawings to my beta-testers, who will do his magic and make an artwork!
Attached Thumbnails
Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-london-dsc07803-1-.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-london-dsc07803-2-.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-london-dsc07803-3-.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-london-dsc07803-4-.jpg  
Old 05-18-2022, 06:57 AM

Amazing work! Is very nice see the Saro London emerge for 2D, is a very welcome model for golden age fans.
Google Adsense
Old 05-19-2022, 01:17 PM

Thanks, gomidefilho!

Well, Already designed the floats. And finished the covers of the other two versions. You can see that the engines and floats of the prototype are different.

BTW: It would seem that the only the prototype had 2 bladed propellers, the Mk I had only 3 bladed, and the MK II had only four bladed. In fact, both MK I and Mk II had variations of propellers and exausts, many of them in the same plane. The only difference between both version was the Pegasus II or Pegasus X engine.

Soon the drawings will go to my beta-testers, that will do a better job than my alpha-test (After all, this is the one where all the mistakes are done, and sometime in the future I'll do another London with all the improvements that I'm including in the final design!).
Attached Thumbnails
Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-xcover8.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-london-dsc07807.jpg  

Last edited by Draco; 05-19-2022 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Excited to see this one coming to life!

Wyvern
Old 05-20-2022, 01:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
This looks great. At this point I'm going to ask how practical it would be to cut the windows and scratchbuild a basic cockpit and gunnery positions, and detail the engines with cylinders. Are there any formers or tabs in the design that would make this impractical?
Old 05-20-2022, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
This looks great. At this point I'm going to ask how practical it would be to cut the windows and scratchbuild a basic cockpit and gunnery positions, and detail the engines with cylinders. Are there any formers or tabs in the design that would make this impractical?
I designed the model to allow this changes. In fact, if you see the Supermarine Stranraer displayed in some of the pictures, it has the most realistic engines. I was in doub if include them with this model, but I decided to do it.

You can open the bomber shield, too. It's a part of the bow that protects a window for the ASW operator. I'm not including the parts, but a scissor and a bit of transparent acetate will do the work. And there is a very small bomb bay under both wings, just inside the 7 number. You can scratch build it too.

So, answering your question, I would really love to see your finished model with this improvements!
Attached Thumbnails
Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-fin-461-.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-stranraer-111-.jpg  
Old 05-21-2022, 09:16 AM

Very nice! Close to finish!
Google Adsense