PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-27-2022, 04:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Yankeekilo, we read you, don't worry! This is a very awaited proyect!

Ryan Short: each designer has his trademark. Yankeekilo used pictures as a way to do the final version more realistic, but unless he had the real airplane in front to take pictures, some recoloring is necessary.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanShort1 View Post
Is that a photoshop arranged photo of the real thing and colorized?
yes!! as Draco said, it is a picture of the real airplane arranged to fit the paper model
Old 05-27-2022, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Interesting design approach!

No fear of a monologue here- your followers are hanging off every post!
Old 05-27-2022, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Interesting design approach!

No fear of a monologue here- your followers are hanging off every post!
thank u Rata!!
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas b-23 dragon-b23-1-colorized1.jpg  
Old 05-28-2022, 06:23 PM

Now the vectorized model has been completed by Adrian Groppa in a very clean an beautiful way, now is time to merge some of the previously designed textures to proceed with the beta test!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas b-23 dragon-douglas-b-23-dragon-vector-joint-venture-02.jpg   Douglas b-23 dragon-1a.jpg   Douglas b-23 dragon-whatsapp-image-2022-05-28-5.42.07-pm.jpg  

Last edited by yankeekilo; 05-28-2022 at 06:34 PM. Reason: add pic
Google Adsense
Old 05-29-2022, 08:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
Really interesting presentation of the design progress. And an interesting plane. I'm struck by the likeness of the B-17, at least to me. I am also mystified by the "rollation" process. I watched the video of making a cone, and completely understood that. But how to come up with a fuselage section from a flat drawing is beyond my imagination.

Jim
Old 05-29-2022, 09:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVA View Post
Really interesting presentation of the design progress. And an interesting plane. I'm struck by the likeness of the B-17, at least to me. I am also mystified by the "rollation" process. I watched the video of making a cone, and completely understood that. But how to come up with a fuselage section from a flat drawing is beyond my imagination.

Jim
If you've ever built a balsa flying model (like from Guillows) with a rounded fuselage, rollation is easier to understand. Many designs have a large middle former going front to back as the spine, then pairs of cross-section formers that go left to right at given locations along the spine. These typically have square notches cut outside to hold stringers going front to back that form a framework to glue the paper tissue skin.

The easiest way is to build a half fuselage. Then starting from the spine, mark out points where the spine and notches contact your drawing paper while slowly rolling the fuselage. Do this for two adjacent notched formers at a time until all are marked, then join the points on the paper. The more cross section formers and stringer notches there are, the smoother the fuselage parts will be - if the left and right cross-sections are not the same the process has to be repeated.

This process will require a lot of tweaking so don't expect to get a perfect fit the first time, especially if the points are joined with straight lines rather than a smooth curve (like from a french curve template). There are some 3-views that have fuselage cross-sections, and balsa model plans usually include them.

Sometimes there are model plans that include full graphics to print out on covering tissue that sidestep this whole process.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVA View Post

Jim
surely it looks a bit like the b-17 mainly because of the empennage!, the rollation process is something I came up with by seeing some ships being designed, also there was a guy that designed a British Aerospace 146 and he used this same technic
Old 05-30-2022, 02:17 PM

here it is the Cover designed by Adrian Groppa, the model is now finished and we will be finally releasing a free generic livery model in 1/48, some recolors will be available @ ecardmodels.com
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas b-23 dragon-whatsapp-image-2022-05-29-9.16.19-pm.jpg  
Old 05-30-2022, 02:21 PM

and these are the guidelines and conditions under which the model can be used:

You are free to: Share — copy or redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform. and build upon the material for any purpose. even commercially
This license is acceptable for Free Cultural Works The licensor cannot remake these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license. and indicate if changes were made.
You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

Share Alike — if you remix. transform, or build upon the material. you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Notices. You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation

No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example. other rights such as publicity. privacy. or moral rights may limit how you use the material.

Joint Venture Project
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas b-23 dragon-guidelines.jpg  

Last edited by yankeekilo; 05-30-2022 at 02:36 PM.
Google Adsense