PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-18-2012, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.26 GB
For the 1/72 Tu-95 try PaperModelers.com > Downloads > Aviation > Military > Cold War Tu-95 BEAR
I think there is another free download but will have to dig deeper, if it is still active

bob neill
Old 12-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
"For the 1/72 Tu-95 try PaperModelers.com > Downloads > Aviation > Military > Cold War Tu-95 BEAR
I think there is another free download but will have to dig deeper, if it is still active

bob neill"

Thanks Bob, good tip. The websites I found was a pirate website and another defunct pirate website both seem to be from China The download - free at papermodelers is still there.

Last edited by 3Turner; 02-18-2016 at 12:15 PM. Reason: editing out pirate websites
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Paul,
I found that printing and copying on full gloss metallic paper might be a little difficult. Most modern machines appear to have trouble with the shiny surface. it keeps copiers from electrolysing the surface to attach the toner to. I once tried it with an Atlas/Mercury rocket. It wouldn't work.
However, there *is* a very doable option. There is a ground you can use called Digital ground by Golden.
After applying two layers of the stuff, you can simply use an inkjet printer to print it all out. Afterwards, you apply an extra layer of fixative over it to avoid smearing.
(I read you don;t have an inkjet, but you could try this at your local copy centre - they might also have an inkjet printer..)
But anyway, this works.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 PM

"Paul,
I found that printing and copying on full gloss metallic paper might be a little difficult. Most modern machines appear to have trouble with the shiny surface. it keeps copiers from electrolysing the surface to attach the toner to. I once tried it with an Atlas/Mercury rocket. It wouldn't work.
However, there *is* a very doable option. There is a ground you can use called Digital ground by Golden.
After applying two layers of the stuff, you can simply use an inkjet printer to print it all out. Afterwards, you apply an extra layer of fixative over it to avoid smearing.
(I read you don;t have an inkjet, but you could try this at your local copy centre - they might also have an inkjet printer..)
But anyway, this works."

PK, thanks for this cogent reply. You confirm what I suspected about the laser deposition process on the silver-shine paper mentioned in the B-58 thread. I am very intrigued with your suggestion for the Digital Grounds from Golden and it appears available here in the US. Their product could revolutionize metallic ink-jet printing.

You are correct, I do not have an ink-jet printer. There are a chain of copy duplication centers in my areas, plus single proprietor printing shops. I can certainly investigate.

Many thanks!!
Paul
Old 06-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Well it looks like the B-58 didn't make it in time for my birthday but Father;s Day is only two weeks out and the wife said why not. Now it not like I can dive into that build right off. I'm still working on my C-47 from FG or is it working me. This damn build is one stress ridden plane. One model at a time but I would like to lock up that B-58. Thanks for all the input. Looks like I'm going to E-Earcs again. I just got the SR-71 and my own M-79 which I always wanted. Wait till the guys down the street see this one. Only kidding. Thanks again. wc
Old 06-03-2013, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.10 GB
Beautiful!

Dave
Old 07-28-2019, 02:18 PM

Hello everyone.

While researching B-58 models, I fortunately stumbled upon this thread and have registered so I can explore the world of paper modeling.

What an incredible build!

I have tried finding the download for the B-58 but have had no luck. Can someone please let me know where I might one, if available for purchase?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2019, 04:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJK View Post
Hello everyone.

While researching B-58 models, I fortunately stumbled upon this thread and have registered so I can explore the world of paper modeling.

What an incredible build!

I have tried finding the download for the B-58 but have had no luck. Can someone please let me know where I might one, if available for purchase?

Thanks!
Ken's B-58 will eventually make it into the Ecardmodels store. We have over 4000 models to add back into the store after the upgrade.

Keep an eye on the store here: Ecardmodels.com

or announcement thread here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/k...ardmodels.html
Old 07-28-2019, 04:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
... and reason for building, ...
I find that requirement rather odd but can not pin words on why.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
wow will build this for sure when its around /had the old whm version at some stage