PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
This is most impressive.

Wyvern
Old 09-25-2009, 08:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Claus those ribs are pure insanity! It's another reason I haven't built this one yet.
My hat is off to you my friend I can't feel my finger tips today after my wing build last night. I can only imagine how yours are going to feel!
Ron
Old 09-25-2009, 04:06 PM

@Ron
Yes, cutting was torture, but now it is over.

On the last four evenings I made the four wings. I glued them together and then let them dry until the next evening to avoid warping. For drying, I clamped the wings down brutally, as you see on the second pic. And you can see, i used a lot of glue. Well, it won't be visible afterwards.

The third picture shows my next problem. The wings will be mounted with a 1 mm wire going through the wholes you see. A made the wholes as they were marked on the parts. But, as you see - especially at the middle wing - that does not fit. I will have to find a solution for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-21-1.jpg   Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-21-2.jpg   Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-21-3.jpg  

All my Models can be seen here.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:17 PM

Hello Claus,

I had the same problem with my *first* set of lower wings for my Albatros. The only way I can see doing it now without too much trouble is with a very long drill bit or a long hard piece of wire. Using the original drill bit you can probably get through the first few ribs. Next maybe a long hard piece of thin wire cut vey sharply at the end. Using he first hole as a guide, carefully keep turning the long piece untill you get all the way.
Hope this helps
Ron
Old 09-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Hi Ron!,
that's exactly what I did.

I built this highly sophisticated tool you see in picture 1. A mini-drill and a 1mm brass wire. I sharpened the tip of the wire a little. Luckily, the thirst 3 holes were in a line. So they were a perfect guide to drill the other ones. It worked perfectly.
This evening, i cut out the wing covers, colored the edges and applied some parts to them (the red arrows), among them the compass. I put a thin transparent plastic between the two parts of the compass to imitate the glass (But I don't think I managed to take a good picture of that). I only made one wing this evening and let it dry until tomorrow. One evening - one part.
Attached Thumbnails
Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-22-1.jpg   Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-22-2.jpg   Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-22-3.jpg   Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-22-4.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-26-2009, 04:12 PM

Hi Claus,
I'm really pleased to see that those wings are working out They look absolutely gorgeous in their components and will be great when they come together. It's amazing the length that modelers go to in order to include the slightest details. That lense is difficult to see in macro mode let alone by itself

Talk soon
Ron
Old 09-26-2009, 09:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Good work here. I built this same model a while back and it remains one of my prizes. There's a thread over at Zealot if it is of any use.

It is nice to see another build of this very fine model.

Carl
Old 09-29-2009, 12:41 AM

Yesterday evening I finished the wings. The skeleton was covered with the hull.
The parts were glued together with a 1mm wire as support. Unfortunately, by inserting the wire into on of the wings, I pierced the hull (and my finger), but I retouched the hole and the blood with some glue and some color.
Between the upper wings there was a little gap I retouched with a gray strip and as I see now on the photos, I will have to retouch the gap between the lower wings and the fuselage.
The last thing for this evening were the Wing-supports. They are 0,3mm wire coved with paper and then painted with acrylic paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-23-1.jpg   Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-23-2.jpg   Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-23-3.jpg   Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-23-4.jpg  

Old 09-29-2009, 03:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Fine, clean work, Claus.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:35 PM

I had not much time in the last days. So I only made the stanchions of the wings and the floats.
Attached Thumbnails
Friedrichshafen FF33E, 1:33, GPM-24-1.jpg  

Google Adsense