PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-03-2009, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
ACKKK!!!!!!!! That last pic shows some glue mess on where I had trouble with the right side of the spine when it slipped during gluing. The same thing happened on the Starboard intake. Ugh!!! Oh well the clear coat should help :P

Doesn't look as bad in person as it does in that pic............shivers.......:P

G1
Old 10-04-2009, 04:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.98 MB
pilot suit

hi Getter
these were the best pics in the book, in fact the only two on the pilot suit
hope they help you
/Håkan
Attached Thumbnails
Stahlhart Drakken-pilot-suit.jpg   Stahlhart Drakken-pilot-suit-closeup.jpg  
Old 10-04-2009, 05:41 PM

Hello All,

Well I had to start over on the arms. I wasn't happy with how the 1st 3 missiles looked so I painted them over and though it was an improvement I wasn't happy with em still. I pritneted em on regular paper for the bodies this time and they are much better this go round. The biggest problem was the larger missiles' petals were too ugly :P The 2nd problem was the paint had tiny chunks I couldn't seem to get rid of (old bottle of paint :P ).

The missiles are way too small to use the petal tool so I came up with a new technique to make em. Wish I had thought of it on the last go round :P

I need to get the weapons done before finishing the cockpit as I hate doing weapons for some reason. I get bored with em so if I save em for last they never get done. The cockpit is always my favorite part so I know it will get done.

2K, thanks very much for those pix :D Indeed they will help with proper coloring. I found a 5 pak of 1/72 scale pilots from Hobby Master online but will have to wait on shipping as the local hobby shop doesn't have em in stock :P They are pre-painted but I can always add detail Another good thing on these pilots are they are die-cast so if it was a gear down model with pilot seated the pilot would be a good counter weight :D

I'm more aquainted with building mecha models and though I've built several planes the 2 are not much alike in construction techniques. After the mistakes I've made on this one I think I need a lot more practice with electronic file models before I should tackle my pre-printed models. The electronic file ones I can re-print on goof ups but on pre-printed ones I cannot. Seeing some of the plane models built on tis forum shows me my skills have a very long way to go still :P

Here's a quick shot of the weapons in progress.

G1
Attached Thumbnails
Stahlhart Drakken-10040001.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 03:12 AM

Well I got all but one missile built. I want to add a bit of paint to rid them of the build lines and petal lines. That and the las tmissile will have to wait till the morning :P The eyes are getting heavy and squirrily here to :P

The canopy is nearly ready now to. I need to do the inner frame and paint the outer one black as the other model's frame was gray. Soon I'll just be waiting for my pilot pack to arrive :P

Well that's it for tonight, I'm shot.

G1
Attached Thumbnails
Stahlhart Drakken-10040005.jpg   Stahlhart Drakken-10040006.jpg   Stahlhart Drakken-10040007.jpg   Stahlhart Drakken-10050008.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 06:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
G1, the build is looking fantastic. The fine work on the weapons pack, especially the little fins (eek), is just incredible, too.
The finished project will look sweet. Great work!
Google Adsense
Old 10-05-2009, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice build, Getter!
You are building my model better than I ever could, honestly.
The most slim one of the missiles, I never managed to get it together in 1:60 and almost thought, maybe it can at least be build in higher scales. But you scaled down!
Respect.
Chris
Old 10-05-2009, 10:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
Nice work on those missiles! I think i might try a Stahlart myself, just not so sure which to get.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:47 AM

Hello All,

Didn't get done yet :P Had a lot of house work to do today :P

I did get the missiles on paint. 1/2 are now done and the other 1/2 need a 2nd coat. Got a before and after pic of the missiles in there I left the printed yellow stripes but was not able to leave the red stripes on the larger missiles.

Also got the canopy frame painted and the inside frame in and painted also. Got the HUD in to but still need the control sticks. With all luck tomorrow will see it only needing the pilot :D In the 1st pic you see the HUD brackets on a "sticky finger". I dropped one of those on the dark carpet and actually found it :P

JG1, thanks :D and believe me those fins were *fun* :P The smaller missiles had smaller and 4 more so I decided only to have her pack 2 of those :P

Chris, A huge thank you for designing these models :D :D :D Very well designed and fun to build. I have the red 11 printed out and will do it gear down I think. Or perhaps I'll choose another for gear down as the red 11 needs to soar :D If you like I can do a tutorial on the missiles. I have one of your B-26s printed out and in the build pile to

Legion, do what I did DL them all and then choose where to start :D Once you build one you will want to do them all

At first I was wondering why petals on the larger missiles??? After doing them I realized that was the best way to make em. Rolling a cone that small would be fairly hard and it wouldn't have the needed slight curve so petals was a good choice. This model has plenty of petal pratice and with the right techniques they are not all that bad. Thanks to Gil's super tool the nose and tanks were a breeze. The missiles were tougher but I think I came up with a new technique to do small petal parts easier.

I do have one model that Gil's super petal tool wouldn't help on though. Have any of you ever tried the FG XF5F Skyrocket?

Well that's it for me tonight.

G1
Attached Thumbnails
Stahlhart Drakken-10050052.jpg   Stahlhart Drakken-10050053.jpg   Stahlhart Drakken-10050054.jpg   Stahlhart Drakken-10060055.jpg   Stahlhart Drakken-10060056.jpg  

Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
I think i'll go for one of them if i get bored (or fail again) with the Kongo...
Old 10-06-2009, 07:16 PM

Hello All,

Got the weapons done and ready to mount. Cockpit is done now as well with the addition of the control sticks. Pilots shipped out today so that will finish up the topside :D

Waiting to mount the arms till I finish the gunport. I decided it needed the gun afterall :P In the shot the glue is still wet. When dry I'll buff the edge a bit, glue the barrel in and then paint it.

I struggled with wether or not to paint the tanks. I don't think my color vision is near good enough to match the color so I will leave them as is. Hmm maybe the wife can mix the color for me.

A buddy of mine is working on a stand for it to.

On the home strech now :D

G1
Attached Thumbnails
Stahlhart Drakken-10060057.jpg   Stahlhart Drakken-10060058.jpg   Stahlhart Drakken-10060059.jpg  
Google Adsense