PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-29-2009, 09:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
While you may not have started with a "sow's ear" the result is certainly as fine as a silk purse. This is one of my favorite WWI birds (along with the R.E.8 and the F.E.2b) and you have done a wonderful job of starting with a basic, simple model and turning it into a museum quality masterwork.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTroll View Post
While you may not have started with a "sow's ear" the result is certainly as fine as a silk purse. This is one of my favorite WWI birds (along with the R.E.8 and the F.E.2b) and you have done a wonderful job of starting with a basic, simple model and turning it into a museum quality masterwork.
Our friend says it right here A stunner for sure. Have you ever thought of making the Handleypage 0400 ? just a little bit of rigging on her {well, lots actually :D } Very nice build mate, give yourself a BIG pat on the back for this build
Old 10-30-2009, 08:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Ron, Peter, thank you.

It certainly is a well designed model. Dr. LAser must have put a lot of effort into it. Think it's one of Fiddler's Green's best offerings.

I like the Handleypage 0400. I have the G3 and G4 Caudrons and the Caproni CA 3.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.83 MB
Your DH2 is very impressive, with skillful super-detailing and I'm releaved it worked at your scale. The DH2 was a cardmodel that I wanted for a long time to round out my FG WW1 collection. You may be interested that I have another pusher in the works - the Vickers Gunbus (Gunbus, just love that name). The design process should go quicker than the DH2's since the Gunbus has the same engine and the same gun (that is already designed). I will keep your forum in mind during the designing to hopefully crank out an even better cardmodel.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagolden01 View Post
Thanks, cd!

Charles, maybe for smaller scales you could use wire screening (like a door screen or filter) painted the appropriate color.
Joe
Yeaa! No head scratching needed! Why didn't I think of that and I have loads of the stuff that car modelers use for NASCAR safety nets. Thanks a bunch. I am wired to try this on my Aviatek biplane. Watch...there won't be a wicker seat.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:27 AM

Another material you might try is fly fishing tippet. It's a monofilament that is very thin. I use size 8X for 1/72 scale rigging (it's 0.003-inch diameter). Other sizes are available but 8X is the thinnest. Just color it with a Sharpie, either black or silver (let it dry overnight). You can see the final results at the FG website as I have various rigged planes pictured there (Brisfit, SPAD, DH2, Albatros, SVA, Gee Bee Z).
Old 10-31-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLaser View Post
Another material you might try is fly fishing tippet. It's a monofilament that is very thin. .
I was trout fishing in MO last week and I watched the fly fishermen plying their craft. Is that monofilament the line at the very end of the larger gauge line? It seems to float on the top of the water.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
John,

I love the name too! Interesting in its similarities to the DH2.

Quote:
Your DH2 is very impressive, with skillful super-detailing and I'm releaved it worked at your scale. The DH2 was a cardmodel that I wanted for a long time to round out my FG WW1 collection. You may be interested that I have another pusher in the works - the Vickers Gunbus (Gunbus, just love that name). The design process should go quicker than the DH2's since the Gunbus has the same engine and the same gun (that is already designed). I will keep your forum in mind during the designing to hopefully crank out an even better cardmodel.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:25 PM

Answer to your question is no. Tippet is used to make the flies that fly fishers use as bait. The 8X (at 0.003 inch diameter) is practically invisible when clear.
Attached Thumbnails
Airco Dh-2 1:24 Fiddler's Green-tippet.jpg  
Old 10-31-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Answer to your question is no. Tippet is used to make the flies that fly fishers use as bait. The 8X (at 0.003 inch diameter) is practically invisible when clear.
Thank you for that clarification. I know what to purchase now.