PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-30-2009, 07:24 PM

Location: Skype: Chaiwat Kosatanakom Bkk, Thailand, RTAF air base
Total Downloaded: 0
Talking Color fade after photoshot due to the lighting

Dear all, please notice the pics color, painted by poster color and water color, faded after the photo shot. I did not make any retouch or move its position from the camera but did it shot by shot. This is the difference between Western paper model, which the color is printed together with the model but Thai paper aircraft use the hand painted.

The Raptor number 5 color now is normal and no more fade after the photoshoot.

Plese note this specific diffirent which originally unique for this model.

Thank you :D
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01658.jpg  
Old 10-31-2009, 05:34 AM

Thumbs up How to build Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200 scale

The Raptor is one of the most difficult airplane both design and assembly. When I decide to start this project, I had some guilty in mind how ugly it is if compare to my little falcon but after years of patience, I got the number 1, it was absolutely ugly, flat no fuselage curve, flat wing and totally ugly. I threw it away to my garbage bin then took it back to the wreck yard. The first project was failed instantly.

My best student, Passawee Klinfueng, gave me an idea of how to be impressed with this Raptor. He showed me the 1/48 Plastic model kit and explained me of what it should be then I started this project again. Draw this pattern and assembly it, of course, it was better the last one but still need many improvement. Then it became number 2. then 3 as viewed number 4 is suck and then number 5 is O.K. Today I just finished the number 6.

I took this photos to explain how to assembly the Raptor after we cut the pattern. I emprasize again that this pattern is purely initiated by me without any help form anyone. Thank you my girl friend Rungjit Jareonponganand for her patience and dedication over this boring weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01731.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01739.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01741.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01742.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01743.jpg  

Old 10-31-2009, 05:46 AM

Wink How to make Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor in 1/200 scale

After you get the pattern, cut it off with sharp knife or nice scissor. Then separate them into piece as its actual physical parts. Firstly the body is needed to be bent into the curve as same as the Raptor's aerodynamic shape then press softly to the wing to be as flat as the Raptor's picture you have available. Make the wing by just fold it backward into the original shape then put tiny glue to fix it together. Please wait unitl it dry while you will keep busy of making the other part such as vertical stablizer, aileon...

Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01748.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01749.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01750.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01751.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01756.jpg  

Last edited by chiawatkom; 10-31-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:59 AM

Talking How to make Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor in 1/200 scale

Then, from the provided pictures, you will find that you have all parts of the aircraft. For addition details, some of my student, Air Force cadet student, made incredible ejection seat which capable to release from the cockpit. Please notify the ACES II ejection seat that containing with ejection handle, pilot safety belt, explosive jetison, parachute, making, etc... all detail is almost as same as ordinary professional plastic fine scale model.

We started painting the pilot dummy with dark blue gray. Put a little decoration for the pilot instrument panel. You can add details as much as you like into this busy cockpit even the oxygen tube or whatsoever that you like.

After finishing all decoration in the pilot dummy, now we start painting the model, I used ordinary Japanese made Sakura poster color for painting this Aircraft for the wing FF (what does this stand from please inform) number 058. The color is mixed between white, black brown and green. You should have an idea how to mix the color to be as real as the demonstrated aircraft.
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01756.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01763.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01764.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01765.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01766.jpg  

Last edited by chiawatkom; 10-31-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:14 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Proof that they are paper! Excellent!

Thanks for sharing your build process. It starts with such a simple selection of parts - a testament to the art of papercraft's flexibility. The hand paint job really makes the model pop. It definitely seems to be what sets your models apart from the rest.

Great job, keep 'em coming!
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense
Old 10-31-2009, 06:17 AM

Talking How to make Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor in 1/200 scale

How to make Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor in 1/200 scale. It 's very simple. Just concentrate on it then try to paint the color as same as your sample pic. I highly recomend you to have as much picture as possible due to if you have any problem with the painting so you can simply find out the reference.

Thai Paper Aircraft miniature always originally contains of specific item such as HUD, the head up display system, transparent canopy, and hand painted. Please carefully notify the HUD attach to the pilot consol of this Raptor model.

Then we start to make the transparent canopy, which I believe that in this paper aircraft model scale 1/200 Thailand might be the first nation in the world to invent his smallest paper jet. I used candle for the heat and made a clay, form up to the appropriate shape of the canopy. Transparent plastic may take from the remaining food packaging then we set the fire up and burn burn burn, hovering for a few second. Of course, it will be on fire if you put it too near or it will be too hard if you put it too far so just notify that when the plastic become soft then you immediately put the mold inside the plastic. Keep in mind that you have only 2-4 second to finish this process.
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01770.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01771.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01772.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01774.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01776.jpg  

Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01777.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01778.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01779.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01780.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01781.jpg  

Old 10-31-2009, 06:32 AM

Talking How to make Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200 scale

This number 5 and number 6 are the result of yearly experiment. It's da mm mmm tough to reach this spot. I design the CAD pattern myself, assembly it again and again to find out the best fit and facilitate your folks to play this toy in the future. If you truely understand the nature of paper, you will know how difficult to do this hobby for 30 years then get these result.

F-22 Raptor actual lenght is 18.92 m so to become a 1/200 scale it should be around 9.5-9.9 cm.

Thank you for your visiting, hopefully, this pattern shall be on release soon. :D
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01782.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01783.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01784.jpg   Lockheed F-22 Raptor in 1/200-dsc01785.jpg  
Old 10-31-2009, 08:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiawatkom View Post
Then we start to make the transparent canopy, which I believe that in this paper aircraft model scale 1/200 Thailand might be the first nation in the world to invent his smallest paper jet. I used candle for the heat and made a clay, form up to the appropriate shape of the canopy. Transparent plastic may take from the remaining food packaging then we set the fire up and burn burn burn, hovering for a few second. Of course, it will be on fire if you put it too near or it will be too hard if you put it too far so just notify that when the plastic become soft then you immediately put the mold inside the plastic. Keep in mind that you have only 2-4 second to finish this process.
That is brilliant! I've been wracking my brain and looking for a method to do this; that is such a simple, repeatable and effective way to form, as well as inexpensive!

BTW, the Raptor is one of my favorite modern jets, I look forward to its release!

Thank you!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:36 AM

It is just a part of my professional skill

Dear Tirick,

In the world, if you think something can do in the simple way, it can exist.

Best regards,

Chaiwat
Old 10-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thanks for a brilliant and FRESH approach to paper modelling Chaiwat The detail and the paint job is very inspiring. All the work you have put in over the years has really been WORTH it my friend. You should be PROUD... no, you should be VERY PROUD of your achievements
Google Adsense