PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-16-2014, 12:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.47 MB
Orlik Kit No:009 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I

Hello my fellow modeling family.

I am back! (sorta) and i have been in my man cave doing this model..

now i have to say that once i started looking this particular craft, i saw some camo issues and markings (damn the internet and the paying attention to details!!) so i sorta went to work in illustrator and photoshop to get it right.

well after a couple weeks i am about 90% complete...

my first Orlik kit..
Attached Thumbnails
Orlik Kit No:009 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I-defiant-1asml.jpg   Orlik Kit No:009 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I-defiant-1esml.jpg   Orlik Kit No:009 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I-defiant-1bsml.jpg   Orlik Kit No:009 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I-defiant-1csml-.jpg   Orlik Kit No:009 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I-defiant-1dsml-.jpg  

to buy...or not to buy...damn you MAREK....damn you!!....ummm...can you make one more 1:50??
Google Adsense
Old 04-16-2014, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Nice...very nice! Not familiar with this aircraft.

JoeG
Old 04-16-2014, 12:38 PM

i was trying to go for a very worn look with a lot of the paint gone form wear and tear of the machine of the 264 Squadron. Sorry for the poor pic quality and lighting.

When completed , i will ask a friend of mine to take proper pics...

i loved working on the wheel well and oleo struts. i also came to love the movable flaps, control surfaces and turret.

just a few more pics from my phone...

the hidden detail that i spent a little time on was the instrument panel. so its veeery veeeeery different from what was supplied with the kit.

i am happy with my first orlik attempt. there was a lot of lessons learned while building this..(like next time use matt varnish!!..sheeesh) and will use these when building the kingfisher (orlik again..)

cheers all.
Attached Thumbnails
Orlik Kit No:009 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I-defiant-1fsml.jpg   Orlik Kit No:009 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I-defiant-1hsmall.jpg   Orlik Kit No:009 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I-defiant-1isml.jpg   Orlik Kit No:009 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I-defiant-1j-sml-.jpg  
to buy...or not to buy...damn you MAREK....damn you!!....ummm...can you make one more 1:50??
Old 04-16-2014, 12:42 PM

hello jagolden01...this was almost prewar spec fighter for the RAF, they envisioned this shooting down bombers..

it did great in its debut as a bomber destroyer and fighter until the Luftwaffe discovered it didn't have any forward firing guns..so they fell like flies in fighter contested airspace. however there were quite a few aces that rode this mount..
Old 04-16-2014, 12:44 PM

so just to put on the landing gear door and struts..the left aileron and elevator and finally..the turret dome. still trying to figure hoe to do this most efficiently.
Google Adsense
Old 04-16-2014, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Very pretty shiny Deffie.

The first time I heard about this aircraft was as a kid, reading aviation stories. One account of the Defiant in battle said that the heavy turret and the lack of any other forward-firing armament put it at a great disadvantage so that after high losses they were relegated to target towing. But one story (too good to check) was that they had initial victories over Dunkirk when a gaggle of Bf-109s made a six o'clock high diving attack on a flight of Defiants thinking they were Hurricanes. Very bad idea.

Don
Old 04-16-2014, 03:09 PM

Very pretty shiny Deffie.

lol.

yes so true Don...thinking of building it again further down the road. i was just amazed that while building her i was busy researching the type. they did quite well in night defense role till the mossie came along.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Hey...... tis my old mate back on the boards Grrrrrrrrreat to see you still keep your fingers at work my friend. This is a superb build of this aircraft.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Yes. I forgot about the successful use of Defiants in the night fighter role!

In any event, Peter speaks truth about the quality of your build. I eagerly wait for more.

Don
Old 04-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
For your pleasure.....

Google Adsense

Tags
1:33, defiant, orlik, paul boulton