PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-02-2009, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Your fuselage (body of the airplane) looks fantastic- if your wings come out as well you'll have a really nice model! Great start!

Wyvern
Old 12-02-2009, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTroll View Post
The propeller pieces are front and back. The wheels are usually done in three pieces - the two sides and a long strip that is formed in a circle and goes between them. The Design Group Alpha models (of which this is one) are a mixed blessing - not too many pieces and simple construction but lacking in assembly instructions or diagrams. The wings are not folded flat but rather rolled into a curve at the leading edge so that an airfoil shape is formed when you join the trailing edges. The leading edge curve can be started by using the edge of a desk, a ruler or a small diameter rod of just about any material. Here is a build thread for this model...DGA Caudron Luciole
OMG! That guy is insane! So, if I make something the size and shape of the wing hole and put it in the wing then it should fit?

should I do that to the top wing, too?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer525 View Post

One thing that's bugging me however... Is your model Polish or German? I don't think that most models come without at least some kind of diagram, so you might have missing pages. I
No, a friend gave this model to me that he got from the internet or something. It says Design Group Alpha. Again, i have no clue. There are some little pictures of some parts on the paper. There are no instructions.

One of the other guys said that DGA does not have instructions. Whatever!

so far, you guys are a great help. Thanks so much!

OK, homework, sorority stuff and i have to get this model finished so i can get back to my life!

You guys are the best! Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:17 PM

Hi! check out some of my tiny models on my website on the gallery page (link is at the bottom of my post) when your eyes pop back into their sockets, you will understand what can be achieved in paper at a very small scale. These models are my way of practicing for more complicated deluxe models...(hopefully).

Your off to a great start!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Wow as a member of DGA (Design Group Alpha) I guess I should appologize :o

I'm sorry for not looking sooner at this thread. :o

Please........ if you haven't gotten the answers you need here or want to talk directly to me or maybe even the designer.......... use the "email" button on our website (listed in my signature) and I will email you personally. Or you can even use the PM here on the site to contact me.

Our models are designed to be easy to put togther but as with anything there are problems with assuming builders know certain basic things.

The models, as the Major has shown in his thread, can also be made into some very good representations of the real thing. Of course this is limited to the builder. The Major is a very good builder.

I see you said this model was given to you by a friend, I will send you the model file (if he just gave you a print out) so that you can print it out if you make a building mistake. This takes a little of the "Fear Factor" out of building, knowing that you don't have to be perfect on you build techiques on the first try.

That's the really cool thing about this hobby. You can feel free to try and learn new techniques with the knowledge that if it dosen't work out you can start over for virtually nothing (cost of ink and paper).

This site is very good place for asking for help........... so you have gotten off on very good footing.

So again PLEASE contact me and I will get you any help needed and do my best to answer any question you might have.

john

My Drawings
Google Adsense
Old 12-02-2009, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I have nothing else to add...

but no cats were harmed during the making of this thread*.

(*dangit, I'll have to try harder next time!)
Old 12-02-2009, 04:35 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
I built a pair of this model, shown in the post below:

DGA competition builds

Looking at your build, you're going to run into a bit of trouble with the lower wing. The wing needs to be shaped into the airfoil shape by curving the wing so it has the same cross-section as the hole in the fuselage. However, the part that goes through the fuselage is smaller than the rest of the wing - it is designed to be inserted through before the fuselage is closed and the front cowl attached. You are either going to have to cut the lower wing in half so you can put each side in from the side, or slice the back of the hole in the fuselage back further so that you can slide the whole wing through, then seal it back up. Or, you could print the model again and make a new fuselage.

Edit: Looks like cdavenport did the same but he cut out the bottom of the fuselage too, so that he just sits it on top of the wing. From where you are now, that looks like it would be the best option.

Sometimes models without instructions need to be very carefully planned. Dry fitting pieces (before gluing) is a must. The fact that there are a couple builds already on the forum of this exact model will help you out.

Very clean lines there by the way, especially for a first model. Keep up the good work!
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds

Last edited by cMags; 12-02-2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: another method to fix
Old 12-02-2009, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
[QUOTE] I have nothing else to add...[QUOTE]

oh, but i did forget to welcome you to the site!!

and that was rude.

welcome!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
The plane looks great and it sounds like you are getting some great info and help, so I'll not say much other than cmags is right about the lower wing. Cutting the bottom out would be the easiest and most effective use of time. Careful putting it back on though.

Oh yeah, and totally take John up on his offer. He and the boys at DGA are great to deal with on every aspect of their business. John has helped me numerous times in the past. Good luck!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:27 AM

Location: Skype: Chaiwat Kosatanakom Bkk, Thailand, RTAF air base
Dear all,

It's very exciting here! Very helpful community. LOVELY!! =)
Google Adsense