PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-03-2009, 01:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is so unbelievable!

you guys are the best.

phil, i can't believe anyone could build something so small without a microscope and a stereolithographic tank. totally awesome models.

john bowden, as you can see from these pictures, i am complete with the model...i really needed to get this finished for my class. i guess what i am saying is that instructions would have helped me to figure out how to put it together without having to do extra research.

i followed the suggestions and built the wings with some cardboard. but, the hole was too small in the body. that would have been nice to know. i cut the bottom wing and glued it in the hole. i think it fit real well.

i bought some aleen's tacky glue and that worked well. i also bought some superglue....that worked even better.

gluing the top wing to the bottom wing was very hard. some instructions would have been nice HINT HINT but a friend helped me by holding those little stick things while i put the top wing on. thank god for super glue!
Attached Thumbnails
A biplane-img_2935.jpg   A biplane-img_2937.jpg  
Old 12-03-2009, 01:47 AM

thanks for all the help guys and ked's girl. these models aren't too hard to build. so, i may do another one. the professors like it when you do some extra work for one of their silly projects. i need the grade!!!

i'm lucky because my friend has taken the pictures. thanks for your help, i think it looks ok.
Attached Thumbnails
A biplane-img_2939.jpg   A biplane-img_2940.jpg   A biplane-img_2941.jpg  
Old 12-03-2009, 07:45 AM

Location: Skype: Chaiwat Kosatanakom Bkk, Thailand, RTAF air base
Excellence work BABY!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Nice results, Danielle. I hope it helps your grade! I also hope you keep building models. The world needs more female model builders.

Also, not sure what your major is at Georgia Tech, but building models sure does help with the spatial and reasoning skills needed for the Engineering disciplines.

Greg
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Very well done. Congratulations - that's a very clean model that you should be proud of. My first wasn't nearly as cleanly made - especially my first biplane. Getting the upper wing can be tricky (still is for me) - I'm sure superglue helped out. I use Aleene's Fast Grab to get the support pylons to stand on their own on the bottom wing and dry, then sit the upper wing on top.

Again, well done, and hope to see more of your work sometime. You might even find it a bit more relaxing a hobby when you're not rushing to finish for a deadline.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense
Old 12-03-2009, 08:07 AM

Great looking work! Nice job for a first build! I believe I gave up on my first try!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 AM

I think it look very very nice! And I agree you should try to make some thing else. There are many kinds of models... figures, architecture, aircraft and ship, even cars and things. And also space ships and fictional things. Myself I like some of the animal and wile life models, but also very small models.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Great job, Danielle. My first biplane didn't come out half as good!

Wyvern
Old 12-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Nicely done - at some point you've got to work the materials with your hands. It's just a picture on a screen until you have to make the parts go together (like the computer promised they would ... hah!). Paper model or the Brooklyn Bridge - it's all construction engineering (or crafting).

Yogi
Old 12-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Great job Techgirl!

Go Yellow Jackets! Hey I've got a hat around here somewhere....... all my cousin are in GA and I even had one go to GT.

Guido (The Designer) saw your post and plight and agreed that your are absolutely correct about instructions........ <poof!> He made some up.

The PDF is too big to post up here, but I will get it on our site, and will ask Chris to do the same.

I hope you fair well with your class and this project, but I also hope this has piqued your interest enough to start a new hobby! (There's more than just airplanes out here........ did I just say that! )

The help offer still stands........... and that goes for anyone else that reads this post. We (DGA) are dedicated to this hobby and will do just about anything to help promote it. And help is just a small thing that we can offer.

*** If you need (or want) to do another model for extra credit........ holler at me. I'm sure I can provide you with some :D.

Good luck!

john

My Drawings
Google Adsense