PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Thumbs up DGA Model Instructions

The lack of building instructions for our models has really been brought to our attention lately.

Because of this we have started making Building Instruction PDF for our models. These will be in several forms, either page diagrams with pictures, drawings and written instructions, all the way up to full blown build documents with pictures, suggested building sequence, and tips and tweaks to enhance our models.

Because of the file size of these "articles" we want to make these separate from the model files. We have made/in the process of making a repository, if you will. A place where anyone can go to get these and not have to download them at the time of purchase. Also these will be available for future purchasers to look at and determine IF this is a model they would like to try.

If you will go to our website www.dgapapermodels.com and click on the button entitled "Model Instructions" (I came up with that name all by myself!) you will see a list of the Instructions we have.

Please note that we will make every effort to get all of our releases done, and these will be uploaded as soon as they become available. Our plans are to have Instructions created before the release of future models. (Will this slow down model releases......... only the Shadow Knows!)

Well all kidding aside.........

DGA would like to thank everyone who has supported us these few years and also all those modelers who just recently built our models for Chris and his store site. There was some truly amazing builds done by some really talented modellers.......

We would also like to thank Chris for allows us sell our models in his store and appreciate greatly his supporting us with our goals and the advancement of this wonderful hobby.

I personally would like to thank Jason and Rick for starting, keeping running, and allowing all of us to converse and share this hobby on such a good website.

And in keeping with our Christmas Tradition (5 years now Woohoooo!!!) for all you good boys and girls modelers, be on the lookout for Santa's new Toy Delivery Vehicle.......... Guido has done us proud again!

Thanks guys and everyone have a Safe and Happy Holidays!

john

My Drawings
Google Adsense
Old 12-04-2009, 12:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you, John.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Looking forward to the new Christmas model! I've loved the issues from years gone by.

Wyvern
Old 12-04-2009, 02:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
John, having finished your lovely Caudron Luciole, I think the addition of instructions will only serve to increase the popularity of your models.

You get a nicely represented model at a reasonable price to begin with. The instructions will only add value to the product.

Allow me to suggest that you reference build threads in the instructions with a url. Then, the prospective buyer might benefit from others' experience. Also, if they are unfamiliar with the forums, this might serve as an introduction.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
John, having finished your lovely Caudron Luciole, I think the addition of instructions will only serve to increase the popularity of your models.

You get a nicely represented model at a reasonable price to begin with. The instructions will only add value to the product.

Allow me to suggest that you reference build threads in the instructions with a url. Then, the prospective buyer might benefit from others' experience. Also, if they are unfamiliar with the forums, this might serve as an introduction.
Great suggestion, Major D.
Google Adsense
Old 12-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Thanks guys.......... but remember I'm just the mouth for DGA..... DGA is made up of several talented guys very dedicated to this hobby. They are the men behind the curtain so to speak.

I'm just the most vocal:p (Thanks to a big mouth)

Jim, Guido, Rick, Bob, Rob, Alan, Ken, Michael, Tim, Murphy........ (I think I got everybody..... oh yeah and Chris) are around this site and others...... THEY really are DGA, the heart and soul so to speak.

So I say a collective........ Thanks for the support, ideas, and motivation to keep things going. We all love seeing people enjoy building our models.
It's one of those warm and fuzzy moments in life!

Look forward to more releases in the next year......... heck I might even get a few designed........... I've got little round paper balls down pat at the moment but I really want them to look more boat-like and plane-like, so I'm working on that. (hint...... Brown Water Boats and I really want to do a Navy jet trainer. With only 14 designed and built it kinda limits the schemes:D)

Jim's working a another DHC design and Guido, well Guido is doing a classic plane at the moment......... it's got two propellers

john

My Drawings
Old 12-04-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
I've got little round paper balls down pat at the moment but I really want them to look more boat-like and plane-like, so I'm working on that. (hint...... Brown Water Boats a:D)
john
Are we talking Vietnam-era PBRs? That would be a first! There are quite a number of variants. Geez, you could do the one from Apocolypse Now and countless others. I have a good friend who crewed those in the Nam. Needless to say, he's a litle loose in the caboose.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
The instructions are also available on my site as a free download. All in one bundle.
Thanks!
Chris
Old 12-04-2009, 07:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Major D. While I would like to see DGA produce a PBR and/or other Vietnam-era Brown Water Navy craft (including the riverine craft used by River Assault Flotilla One and the 2nd Brigade, 9th Infantry Division, in the Delta), there is in fact at least one PBR model available. Obi produced a simple but very attractive model: PBR 31 Mk. II Pibber, Vietnam Paintmodell

Don
Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 PM

Right'o, Don. I had forgotten that one. So, let's hope DGA takes it to the next level with a 1/72 or 1/48 scale model.