PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice start, Ron! Looking forward to more !
Old 07-16-2007, 08:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.27 MB
Looking very good Ron! Thank you for posting the pictures. I will follow the thread and give you moral support. If you need any assistance with Polish to English on instructions, let me know. I will gladly help
Old 07-16-2007, 11:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 172.02 MB
The Prismacolor markers OldTroll mentioned are available in a whole bunch of different shades of gray, including one so light you can hardly see it on white paper. These are great for coloring edges. I have about 4 different shades now, with 40% and 60% being the most used. Watercolor pencils also work well.

In the US, I get the Prismacolor markers at Michaels, which seems to have a one-item 50% off coupon in my junk mail just about every week. That tends to help with the cost of these things a little.

Roger
Old 07-17-2007, 01:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.2 KB
Ron,
Thanks for the explanation concerning the laser parts. I had wondered about what one did when you needed to put that color facing on a former. I now see there is a bit of a downside to the laser formers.

The fit on my Orlik dump truck has been very good. The color registration, however, has been a disappointment with parts such as the body panels being slightly off color from one another if they were found on different pages. You have remarked that the printing on your Marchetti has been very good. How has the fit been?
Phil
Old 07-17-2007, 04:08 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Looking darn good! Gorrila fingers and all

How the heck do you keep the prismacolor marker from bleeding all over? I have the worst luck with those. Maybe I just got a couple overly wet ones....
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2007, 04:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
This one will be fun to follow!!
Nice work on the cockpit!!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbirner View Post
Ron,
Thanks for the explanation concerning the laser parts. I had wondered about what one did when you needed to put that color facing on a former. I now see there is a bit of a downside to the laser formers.

The fit on my Orlik dump truck has been very good. The color registration, however, has been a disappointment with parts such as the body panels being slightly off color from one another if they were found on different pages. You have remarked that the printing on your Marchetti has been very good. How has the fit been?
Phil
The laser cut parts have some drawbacks compared to doing it yourself as noted by Ron. Figuring out whether the relief or spacing has been altered is one of them. Overall I have found them to be pretty handy to have although I've only used them on WWI planes. For them they are SUPER handy for building the wing framing. They are softer than laminated card stock though.

Also, I've built two Orlik kits, the P47 (Razorback) and the Kingfisher. The color match between sheets was simply awful on the P47 and poor on the Kingfisher. The fit on both was also horrible and took a lot of fudging to get anything to work. I am hoping that the Sm. 79 will be an improvement... certainly the printing for it is beautiful. Somewhere down the road I will want to build it myself.

Carl
Old 07-18-2007, 01:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 172.02 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
How the heck do you keep the prismacolor marker from bleeding all over? I have the worst luck with those. Maybe I just got a couple overly wet ones....
Chris
I use the Prismacolor markers for coloring edges of gray parts, so it doesn't matter much if they bleed because you can't really see it. The shade of gray also tends to fade a little after the ink dries. Beyond that, I move the marker along the edge pretty fast. The small pointy end doesn't seem to bleed quite as much as the broad tip either.

Roger
Old 07-18-2007, 06:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 12.31 MB
Looking good Ron. This is an interesting plane and I look forward to seeing it develop!

Rick
Old 07-18-2007, 07:52 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Ron,

Excellent start, I have both the kit and the laser cut formers, your build is inspiring me to attempt this one

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense