PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-01-2009, 08:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for the additional buzz number info, Mike. And that great reminiscence, Carl.

Actually, I feel much as Rick Thomson does -- it seems like heresy to say "F-51," but that's what the 104th FB Squadron's aircraft were designated in the mid-50s, when I had the pleasure of watching them. And the dear old AT-6s were, of course, just "T-6" by then, as well. The "F"-51s were off limits, but I had a great time sitting in the cockpits of the T-6s and getting familiar with the instrument panel lay-out. A couple of years ago, while visiting our retired USMC WO son, who now teaches aerial navigation at Randolph AFB, I was pleased to discover that the current trainer aircraft is also called a "T-6 Texan." My daily walk (arthritic knees no longer permit running) took me under the final approach of the modern-day T-6s and T-37 Tweets. Not as great as Carl running under the recips, but not bad.

Dan -- Quick, post some more build pics and drag us out of this slough of memories and numbering details!

Don
Old 08-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Dan -- Quick, post some more build pics and drag us out of this slough of memories and numbering details!

Don
Actually I'm following Carl's advice and concentrating on one plane at a time - so all work is on the Kikka. No problem with the information though - I learn new and interesting things all the time through these discussions
Old 05-29-2014, 05:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It looks like a Corsair.

On this day 74 years ago, 20 May 1940, the Vought F4U Corsair made its first flight.

Mustang Canopy question
Old 05-29-2014, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
RE: P numbers, F numbers, airplane birthdays......It is just amazing what one can learn from a site supposedly about "paper"!

NOT complaining! Jim