PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
WHOA! Awesome! I LOVE this plane! Gonna be a heck of a challenge with those long sweeping curves too - cant wait to see billy build it!
Chris
Old 05-02-2010, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'd love to know what software Ken uses for his designs, and specifically what unfolder he uses... Not that I'd want him to give away trade secrets, but gosh darn, it must be some excellent software manipulated by an exceptionally skilled designer...

Bravo, Ken! Excellent choice of subject!!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
As an aside, years ago when I worked at The Dallas Morning News, I did the first interview with Carmine Vito, one of the first six CIA U-2 pilots, and the one who flew the first U-2 overflight of Moscow. He was later involved with Kelly Johnson and he swore that when they put together the wooden mock-up of the A-12 at the Skunk Works so they'd have something to show the USAF/CIA/DoD brass, they assembled it upside down. He said folks were pretty embarrassed.

I know Ken won't make the same mistake....

(He also said that when the CIA recruited the USAF pilots, they had their first meeting at a whorehouse. Said they were brought into a room and at the front, there was a covered picture sitting on an easel. Two guys in skinny black ties ("Just like out of the movies," Vito said) told them they'd been recruited for a special mission, it involved danger, yadda yadda yadda. Since they were all fighter jocks, they assumed that the picture hidden beneath the cover was of some super-secret and super-FAST jet. Then the skinny-tie guys revealed the picture and it was the U-2, with long, skinny -- and very straight -- wings. Vito said his first reaction on seeing the picture was, "That thing won't even go supersonic.")
Old 05-02-2010, 12:34 PM

WOW after reading all these posts, No pressure Ken. U just have a huge pack of ravonous wolves at your back! hehe! I am really looking forward to seeing this coe together! :-)
Old 05-02-2010, 01:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.98 MB
Gimme gimme gimme gimme!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 896.6 KB
Ken, you are reading my mind ! My favorite plane : the SR-71. Great !!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Just wondering...does this mean that the winged Chinook is on hold for a while...I hope I didn't blink and miss another masterpiece coming to fruition...?
Old 05-04-2010, 04:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Ken there is not enough black in in the world....but I will give it a go

Well done

John John
Old 05-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Yea, I was wondering who would be the first to ask about the Chinook...

While researching the Chinook, I quickly discovered that there were an endless number of variants as it pertains to interior configurations. At 1:32, the Chinook would need to have a significant amount of detail. Problem is, I couldn't find any good sources that provided the amount of detail that would be needed. When I did find detailed pics and illustrations of a particular interior, I couldn't match it to an exterior scheme. I don't believe in faking it, or creating a "generic" Chinook, so I decided that if I couldn't do the justice it deserves, then I would shelve the Chinook until I stumble across a good source, or better yet, pay a visit to an actual Chinook where I could have complete access.

It's not dead; just sleeping for awhile. The basic design is done....

Ken
Old 05-04-2010, 09:35 PM

With regards to lines on black paper, why not just press them in with an empty ballpoint pen?
Google Adsense