Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-15-2011, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Is looking incredible Allen!
You are catering to the hunger of some Ghibli fans

Old 02-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
One of my favorite movies and favorite planes. I too built the smaller one and always whip it out when we play the movie. There are a lot of good planes in that movie that deserve being made. I also built the plane of his buddy that helps him escape in the end. It looks like a Supermarine racer, I forget the name. Nice job!!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
That is the Curtiss R3C, Zathros, with machine guns added. I recall seeing that paper model somewhere, think from a Japanese site in 1:48(?). That is on my to build list too, and the air pirates Dabohaze seaplane. I read it somewhere it was based on a real Russian seaplane, but don't remember where I read it from. Wish I did bookmarked it, now that I'm looking for reference for it.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
The Curtis was flown by his rival his friend had the Macchi MC 72 both are available here y[p[Ntg@GR-
Your model looks more fantastic each time I see it she really will be stunning when you finish.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
The Curtis was flown by his rival his friend had the Macchi MC 72 both are available here y[p[Ntg@GR-
Your model looks more fantastic each time I see it she really will be stunning when you finish.

Yep, that's the one. It is extremely well designed. My son has played with it for years and it still is together!!. The Lotus Europa on that website is also an incredible model. It is amazing how true to form the body and interior looks. A little work on the wheels, not much, would round it out. I have made that Europa 3 times, to give as gifts to friends who liked it..
Google Adsense
Old 02-17-2011, 08:04 PM

The late engine beta done. I didn't made the same mistakes as I did on the early engine. I just made new mistake, LOL! On the late engine, the Fiat Folgore A.S.2 crowing do not have the three small vents on rear of the crowing like the early Isota Frachini Aso engine do. I did not realized I was gluing the old version crowning till everything was done. Oh well. I'll be sure to correct that when I get to the colored version. Other then that, everything fit just fine. The front is still a bit tight, but the propeller spin this time. I don't recommend people take their hair dryer to the propeller, but......... if I'm going to design a airplane model....... dammit, the propeller better spin. Listen....... I can hear the engine roar.......... ROAR..ROAR..ROAR...
Attached Thumbnails
Sovois S21 WIP-60.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-61.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-62.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-63.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-64.jpg  

Sovois S21 WIP-65.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-66.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-67.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-68.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-69.jpg  

Sovois S21 WIP-70.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-71.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-72.jpg   Sovois S21 WIP-73.jpg  
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Allen, I'm sure that Porco's airplane never had Fiat or Isota engines....

Porco's Savoia used a "Ghibli" engine.
Sovois S21 WIP-clip.jpg

Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

How is the availability of this plane going to be made ? It's beautiful!!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 AM

Rubenandres77, I printed that shot too when I was collecting reference. I think it is just one of the insider joke that every animations studios pull. I got the Fiat & Isota Frachini Aso engine from Studio Ghibli and Proco Roso fan sites, so I'm going to run with that. If I finally decided to offer the engine on the test mount too, Then, that engine will be the Studio "Ghibli" engine of course.

And Zathros. I don't know. I still have not decided on how to offer this kit yet, as a freebie or commercial kit. I just thinking ~ if offer as freebie. Savoia .S21 will only come in one engine (early) and nothing else. No dolly, no late engine option, no Proco, no whatever else I'm thinking adding to dress up the kit. But I'm not all that crazy about offer as download. Once it goes online. No way I or anyone can keep the digital model away from pirate. And putting lock on the download will only stop the lazy pirate. One can still pirate printed kit. But at least one will have to buy the a original kit first. And my kit will be on A3 if not Super B (because of the wing). So, it will not be a clean scan. I'm not going to make it easy for the pirate. I like printed kit. Professional printed kits quality are so much better then home printed.

If I goes with printed. It will be commercial kit with every accessories or options. I will price it more then enough to pay for the print job and some extra for me to buy more paper and ink. The commercial kit will be just like my 1st printed flaptter Folletto kit, limited release to 50 printed only. But if the Savoia .S21 sold fast enough and there are demand for it, then I will reprinted again as open runs. But the 2nd runs will not included any accessories and options, just the plane with early engine only and little lower price, so that the 48 people( I'm keeping two) that collected the 1st run will have something special then the people that bought the general runs. Maybe I'll autograph that 50 printed too. LOL!

So, that's what I'm still pondering on. But I got a lot of time, many thing I need to make. So, I guess I should worry about that later. When everything I want to make for Savoia are done, then I'll ponder some more on how to release it. ....or it will be just a one-off. Don't know yet.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Allen, would accepting pre-orders after you're happy with the design help you judge the size of the print run...? I take your point re 'something special' but a larger print run that is 'prepaid' might allow you to reinvest more in your modelling and design work...?

Simon
Google Adsense