PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Zathros could not agree more the machine is not from one of the biggies but from an old mate of mine from the old days when I used to build computers. I am clumsy now and i hate bending pins. 40 gig hard drives are great but the only way to back one up is with another one so maybe I will put a network back together again and run 2. It's a wonder it works at all it got an indirect hit by lightning 2 years ago.I may be mad but I'm sticking to win 2000 can't cope with the XP type interface.

As long as I think the Grumman is acceptable I shall release it but don't ask me when mate. Can't do any mods before next Thuursday anyway.

Thanks for your efforts.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Barry,
The Albatros is looking very nice:D I've been waiting for a nice model of this thing for some time. Keep up the good work and lots of luck with the computer situation.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Eternal Member

modifications

Redesigned the engine nacelle added the panel lines to the right wing added thickness to the float support and modified the wing root join to the fuselage.

I think the engine should tilt slightly more upwards than it does maybe Willy or Don could comment on that.

I have hopefully designed the "roman nose" out of the nose section. In the next two or three days i should get my computer working and be able scan the necessary bits back in and sort out the texture.

It needs a black deicing strip down the front of the tail fin but that's good it's easier to hide the join line.

I am more less happy all the bits are now there to finish the job even if it does look a bit odd at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020444.jpg   Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020445.jpg   Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020446.jpg  
Old 01-24-2008, 09:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks great, Barry!

Don
Old 01-24-2008, 09:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.53 MB
Barry, waiting patiently for this one. CGAS Sacramento is located about 15 miles from me and I KNOW that those guys would appreciate this model. Beautiful job and thanks for your time and persistance.
Later,
Fred Z.
Google Adsense
Old 01-24-2008, 10:11 PM

Barry,
THis thing is looking nice! On the engines, two or three degrees of up angle wouldn't hurt. It looks great now, but if you're going for super realism, bumping them up would help. Keep up the work, I'm trying to patiently wait for this thing. :D
Old 02-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Eternal Member

Grumman fuselage latest attempt

Usual idiotic mistake I absent mindedly used the red fill tool on the fuselage under the cockpit and put a square chunk into the coastguard flashes oh for some concentration.

I used the old ship trick of glazing the ports with selotape glue side out it has the advantage of taking an easier curve with the cardboard and you do not have the glue problem of plastic. It really should have a glass bubble over the window over the A in coastguard.

I have also taken out the roman nose effect on the bow and added the antiglare panel.

I suppose I ought to try making the black cutting lines a lighter grey colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020468.jpg   Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020470.jpg  
Old 02-04-2008, 03:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Looking good Barry!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:54 PM

Oh man, I am itching for this one! Do you need any more pics? I will be back at the museum soon.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Eternal Member

Hi Willy

Any chance you stand between the fuselage and the landing gear and get a pic or 2 Don got the outside view but I still have not figured out how the thing works.

And for the future a couple of pics inside please I guess at some point I will have to try.

Thanks Ted
Google Adsense