PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Grumman Albatross 1/72

This thread won't go very far at the moment, in political speak my computer and printer have a communications challenge. In real words Hp can't delete the old drivers and replace them from the original disk and it has driven me barmy for the last 12 hours. You know you/they have a problem when they have a whole page of excuses as to why it is not them. Finally got it to print but now it will not scan or load photographs I wouldn't mind but the printer itself is working as is the interface.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can offer some thoughts on a texturing program that will attach skins to metasequoia and pepakura that is not limited to 72 bits per inch or less. I finally got the textures lined up more or less but now they look like they have been written in chalk.

Build as usual is a bit rough.

I think this design has helped me suss out what's wrong with the Empire design.
Attached Thumbnails
Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020384.jpg   Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020385.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-12-2008, 07:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great start, Barry!

Don
Old 01-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
barry........... I hope someone can too.............. and then explain it very slowly for me to understand...............

BUT........... what if you just put the outlines of the marking on the pieces at the 72 dpi..........then re-fine them in photoshop...............and add the color when you have it all lined up.............

john

My Drawings
Old 01-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Banned

I did a couple of searches for HP uninstallers. If you list the model number I could probably help you find an uninstaller. This is a common problem with many printers. It's them,not us.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Eternal Member

printer probs etc

Zathros thanks for the offer of help it seems however that it requires a download of MSXML ver 3.0 to fix it I hope just started the thing on it for ever install run session. I have not got a clue what XML does with tis printer but a whole lot of people suggested it on the net.It's an HP psc 1355

John

I get the feeling you are right you print it then you redraw the whole thing the fuselage worked out well in 3 pieces and it looks like a Grumman.

I can't post a pic until I fix this b****y printer well I can but I don't feel like installing yet another overcomplicated camera download program which will wear out the batteries like a knife through butter. I do wish someone would write a simple one that stores the picture in a file with reference number on it I don't want to sort send them to my Aunt Fanny I just want to load the damn things.Sorry ranting again
Google Adsense
Old 01-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Eternal Member

Albatross fuselage

Well unfortunately for you I found a way to read the pics through the printer so some of it must be working I think, but not under hp control did it with Explorer.

Ignoring the paint job it came out quite and that I suppose can be fixed with a bit of hard work. Cockpit edge has lifted seem to be having trouble with UHU lately can't get it to stick properly.

Cockpit needs a bit more depth at the back and the coastguard emblem needs to be dropped slightly to compensate.
Attached Thumbnails
Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020391.jpg   Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020394.jpg   Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020396.jpg  
Old 01-13-2008, 08:55 PM

Making fast progress, Barry. Those Coast Guard colors sure look pretty.

Don
Old 01-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Eternal Member

wing

Thanks Don

Added one wing and engine nacelle might as well finish it and find all the faults the wing leading edge came out more rounded than I had hoped and caught me out engine cut outs need adjusting but not by much.

John made quite a bit of progress straightening out the texture problems but it still looks charcoal but I have found one I previously scanned in.
Attached Thumbnails
Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020401.jpg   Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020405.jpg   Grumman Albatross 1/72-p1020407.jpg  
Old 01-15-2008, 09:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Thank your for the Albatros Barry. Glad to see that you stick to things in the same manner as I!

As for HP drivers, well, and printer drivers generally. They are strictly viruses and nothing and nobody can remove them completely. Sorry but that it the truth. Goodness knows I work with the people that create them and the folks that have to make them work with the pens. You can reload the driver and then you will have two instances of drivers for the rest of creation. Even somebody who knows the driver and knows regedit is unwilling to remove these suckers. Oh, they'll give you some kind of uninstall thing (sometimes, occasionally, rarely) but it only removes some surface symptoms. There is always some underlying drek that surfaces when you don't want it. The only solution that I have found is a new computer (or wiping the HD would work... well, maybe. These guys are pros). Sorry about the news, but I've had to work with proto drivers and whatnot for generations of products and have cluttered up four different drives with them over the years. Nowadays I refuse to let them use me as a guinea pig, err, beta tester and I stick with a generation or two older printer.

With the resources that I have around me I would like to offer you help, but I really cannot. They won't even help me. Printer drivers are the biggest messups out there. Oh, for information purposes only, AIO drivers are like printer drivers but squared. They are far, far worse in their bugginess than any mere printer driver.

Sorry man, I'll burn a candle for you. I still have scotch on the shelf for when you come by.

Carl
Old 01-16-2008, 11:45 AM

It's starting to look like an airplane, Barry!

Iam informed by reliable sources at the Carlisle Airport that the Albatross will be parked there for some time to come. Let me know if you need more photographs.

Don
Google Adsense