PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-12-2010, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Henschel Hs 123 A-1 /GreMir Models/ 1:33

Hello everybody,

My first post in aviation forum. I would like to present you my current build of Henschel Hs-123 from Gremir. I also own this model from Modelik but it did not come out very well. Colors are too dark so I prefered buying a copy from Gremir. Here is comparsion - Gremir's is in left.

The model is hard in shaping with lots of round shapes. I finished building cockpit and rear part of fuselage till now.

The cockpit

The fuselage

There are some little bugs in the model - nothing hard to repair. But still I found out yellow color on parts 36 (transitions (?) between the fuselage and rudders) slightly differ from yellow color on a stripe on the fuselage and its visible. Perhaps Michael should check CMYK (or RGB) properties.

Catch22

Google Adsense
Old 07-12-2010, 02:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Looking pretty good!! I've always had a soft spot for the 123 since building the Airfix one in 1974...
Old 07-12-2010, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
...There are some little bugs in the model - nothing hard to repair. But still I found out yellow color on parts 36 (transitions (?) between the fuselage and rudders) slightly differ from yellow color on a stripe on the fuselage and its visible. Perhaps Michael should check CMYK (or RGB) properties.
Great work - now I can also understand what you write in addition to the photos :D

Color was different on the parts 36 and 36a :o
If you found/find any other issues - send me a list and I will try to incorporate them into the model and then send out replacements.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:57 PM

Great work! I've had my eye on this one for a long time, since it is an inter-war type and a Lukasz Fuczek design. Interesting that there should be such a discrepancy between the colors of the pre-printed and downloaded kits.

Cheers!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:52 PM

Thank you boys for nice words.

SJPONeill, must say I had no idea that such plane exist but when I saw Modelik cover - it was love at first sight :D and it became a must have.

Gremir, you must learn Slovak :D...or rather i need to learn better English so I could translate more from these additions.
Sure I will send you a list of issues.

ccoyle, it was a surprise for me too. First I thought there are better copies of it but all they are the same. I am a great fan of of Lukasz's designes. I have a lot of them in my archives. Untill this day I have competed his two Hurricanes - Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIC, 1:33 Modelik and PaperModelers.sk • Zobrazenie témy - Hawker Hurricane Mk IID /Orlik/ 1:33
Google Adsense
Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beautiful work.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Very impressive build thus far!!!
I look forward to seeing more.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 AM

Thanks for your words.

I have a little progress for today. I closed the cockpit and hid all those small cockpit details. To make them at least a bit visible I've decided to open pilot's access door on the port side. I glued one more fuselage part to completed fuselage. I recommend to use an extra joint (?) to fix it together.
I had a little accident which left a small spot from water drop. It can be seen in white cross on starboard side. The cockpit is just put in fuselage without gluing.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Catch22 you are doing wonderful work here! May I ask how to acheive the effect on the control surfaces, elevators look 3-d more than coloring alone..
Old 07-14-2010, 11:00 AM

Thank you birder,

all these parts are original from the model and are pre-printed 3D effects. I haven't done any modifications on it.
I saw something about that topic on polish forum. I will find a link
Google Adsense