PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-28-2010, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Hurrah Boats, for walking us all through this wonderful model. Have built the Schreiber one, but have had my eye on this one for a long time.

By the way, Peter Zorn came to an earlier Paper Model convention as a guest, and regaled us with tales of his unpublished models, as well as the published ones. He gave a memorable illustrated talk about his Graduate arts thesis, which was a life sized paper replica of a Sherman tank, manned by replicas of members of the Art Department faculty dressed up in WW2 uniforms. He is able to get amazing effects reproducing finishes and effects - he had pictures of a WW2 Leica camera replica that REALLY looked like the real thing, even fooling people close up. I also remember a big airport diorama with a number of Trimotors, including one that was undergoing major motor maintenance. (If I remember right that was the result of a build that did not work our right). After that I thought, man, you really can do anything with paper, anything at all.

Regrettably, not filmed for Youtube posterity, though enjoyed deeply by every one there. Rob Tauxe
Old 07-28-2010, 08:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron40 View Post
Boats,
The Tan staining really makes a difference. WOW
They sure look true to color....Ron

Ron

Thanks sir, Yes the tan stain done it justice exactley like I had it planned in the construction of the wicker seats. Still turning two this is a fun build the book practically walks you through construction step to step. I removed all the card stock from the book just left the history pages intaced. I sprayed about 3 good coats of Krylon had them pined down on cardboard to keep the card stock from warping. I,ll have all the seats done tonight, and will proceed to the intereier in the morning. thanks for everything I enjoyed our first voice to vopice pipe down on the phone very enjoyable.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:07 PM

Wicker seats complete

Ahoy fellas
Knocked off for the night I have all 12 wicker seats stained and assembled letting same dry for the night. tommorows construction will be the enterier details along with the chemical toilet and water basin. so far in this marvelous build no fit issues a very enjoyble. One I thing I forgot to mention in the begining of the build is that this kit has step by step instructions along with illistrations in how parts are formed all paint work is called out in every assembly phase. very remamrkable Cant believe how detailed this kit is it pumps you up into keep building without stopping. so far I have 9 hours in the build today. Here are the attachment of the 12 completed wicker seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg  
Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
Hurrah Boats, for walking us all through this wonderful model. Have built the Schreiber one, but have had my eye on this one for a long time.

By the way, Peter Zorn came to an earlier Paper Model convention as a guest, and regaled us with tales of his unpublished models, as well as the published ones. He gave a memorable illustrated talk about his Graduate arts thesis, which was a life sized paper replica of a Sherman tank, manned by replicas of members of the Art Department faculty dressed up in WW2 uniforms. He is able to get amazing effects reproducing finishes and effects - he had pictures of a WW2 Leica camera replica that REALLY looked like the real thing, even fooling people close up. I also remember a big airport diorama with a number of Trimotors, including one that was undergoing major motor maintenance. (If I remember right that was the result of a build that did not work our right). After that I thought, man, you really can do anything with paper, anything at all.

Regrettably, not filmed for Youtube posterity, though enjoyed deeply by every one there. Rob Tauxe

Rob

Thank you for reply and viewing my Ford Tri Motor build thread. Mr. Peter Zorn has done a very remarkable job in the design of this kit. I just learned he is a ative member of this wonderfull forum I hope he can take a peek at this build thread. This kit will be built in his honer and for all you love the 1929 Ford Tri Motor Thanks again Rob for your replys
Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for the Peter Zorn story, Rob. Wish I had been there.

Great work on the wicker seats, Boats. I'm eager to see more, but it's time to hit the sack, I think. Tomorrow's another day.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 07-29-2010, 08:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.31 MB
Boats the set of seats look great all uniform...as a potter i can tell you..its not making the first one that counts...its making the other eleven look like the first..its hard for an old gyrene to say anything good about an old swabbie..but you do such good work.....bill amos
Old 07-29-2010, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Great technique

Thanks Boats for this "stain" technique. Using a diluted (or transparent) application of paint is something I hadn't thought of before inspite of it being there all along (I've done quite a bit of wood work with stains.) Now I can see many uses for 'staining'.

Just goes to show how 'two heads can be better than one' (many viewpoints enrich the whole...)
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 07-29-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Thanks for the Peter Zorn story, Rob. Wish I had been there.

Great work on the wicker seats, Boats. I'm eager to see more, but it's time to hit the sack, I think. Tomorrow's another day.

Don

Don
Thanks for your reply on the Tri Motor I got the wicker seats down to the corect color useing my stain method. I have more attachments comeing up daily on this here build. so far the build is going well not at least bushed from the long build on the Halifax bomber. sometimes I amaze myself with the stanama to me this is a labor of love . So I am enjoying these card model builds as much as I can some day I wont be able build being 70 years OUCHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont have to many years left but this old swabbie will turn two untill my gray sails wear out. thanks don for your reply get some shut eye tommorow is another day.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL AMOS View Post
Boats the set of seats look great all uniform...as a potter i can tell you..its not making the first one that counts...its making the other eleven look like the first..its hard for an old gyrene to say anything good about an old swabbie..but you do such good work.....bill amos

Bill.

Thanks very much for your reply on my Ford tri motor your correct I make certain that all 12 seats are symetrical. you make one seat well make sure the other 11 are the same or it will take away from the model. Marine thanks for your reply Bill SEMPERFI
Old 07-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Boats,
Here are som good photo's of a Tri-Motor.
NC9612 Homepage
Google Adsense