PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-29-2010, 12:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Enterier and wicker seat installation

Ahoy fellas
Back at it again for now on the following attachments I have all wicker seats installed on the flight deck. the flight deck was colored in with light green color useing my color pencil set. the bulkhead walls were all wooden paneled useing a brown color stain. the instructions on the booklet cvall for either light green or brown to simulate the wooden paneling. doing some research on the enternet came across a few great pictures, showing the wooden paneling. Next I constructed the toilet and wash basin and installed same. A exlent touch to realisym. my first mate ruthie came down below in my goat locker replied what are you building now, the first thing she noticed was the toilet. so for now i have a attachment of the wicker seat and chenical toilet installation along with the wooden panel staining.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg  
Old 07-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Boats,
I got to thinking about the wood paneling. I know they make a
thin laminate with a sticky back that is used for kitchen cabinets
and shelving. I know I have used some before that had a wood
grain. Does anyone think this is possible to use as the interior
side walls?..........Ron
Old 07-29-2010, 01:48 PM

Enterier compartment installation completed

Ok Fellas
After I installed all of the wicker seats in their perspective locations I closed up the passenger compartment by adding the two side walls assembley and the rear bulkhead that seperates the head from the passenger compartment. I removed the head door and reposotioned it in a open position to view the chemical toilet and wash basin. But before I closed the passenger compartment in I took clear packing tape that you can buy at any dollar store or what ever store that sells them, with this packing tape I doublesided the tape inside out with this tape to simulate the window class this alson brightens the brown stain i used on the side walls you kill two birds with one stone in this assembly

Another feature that makes this kit a must to any card modlers delight The passenger entereier and pilots compartment are all compartments them selves instead of assembling on the fuselodge in general. A very good design here. then you add the out skins to the enterier compartments. With the packing tape used for windows saves time makeing the windows later useing clear acetate. This kit is like the Halifax it builds itself. Here are the attchment of the completed passenger compartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Old 07-29-2010, 04:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
Hurrah Boats, for walking us all through this wonderful model. Have built the Schreiber one, but have had my eye on this one for a long time.

By the way, Peter Zorn came to an earlier Paper Model convention as a guest, and regaled us with tales of his unpublished models, as well as the published ones. He gave a memorable illustrated talk about his Graduate arts thesis, which was a life sized paper replica of a Sherman tank, manned by replicas of members of the Art Department faculty dressed up in WW2 uniforms. He is able to get amazing effects reproducing finishes and effects - he had pictures of a WW2 Leica camera replica that REALLY looked like the real thing, even fooling people close up. I also remember a big airport diorama with a number of Trimotors, including one that was undergoing major motor maintenance. (If I remember right that was the result of a build that did not work our right). After that I thought, man, you really can do anything with paper, anything at all.

Regrettably, not filmed for Youtube posterity, though enjoyed deeply by every one there. Rob Tauxe
Watching Boats' great build progress, I'm wondering if there is any opportunity for this model to be relicensed for a another production/print run or release as a electronic model?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron40 View Post
Boats,
I got to thinking about the wood paneling. I know they make a
thin laminate with a sticky back that is used for kitchen cabinets
and shelving. I know I have used some before that had a wood
grain. Does anyone think this is possible to use as the interior
side walls?..........Ron

Ron
I got thinking about that also but the thought didn,t reach my mind untill I just finished staining the brown on the inside walls. you can buy the laminate paneling used on food pantry shelves. I only wished that thought came to mind before I stained those walls, but with that packing tape I used for windows did inhance the brown color but when the stain dried before i installed the sides it came out pretty well. Thanks again Ron
Old 07-29-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron40 View Post
Boats,
Here are som good photo's of a Tri-Motor.
NC9612 Homepage
Ron
Thanks for the this home page I only wished I seen these photos for enterier refrerence material, i could have decorated the same as the photos. But looking at the photos on the kit boolklet showed darker wood paneling with no hint of light white green metal work, But i gig install the walk ways useing 320 gritt wet and dry sand paper for the non skid walk way. Thank you for the referance matarial to much food for thought.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:07 PM

Closeing up the passenger cabin

Still at fellas I,ll do a little more tonight and get one more photo update. Befor i closed the passemger cabin I installed three non skid wealk ways on the cabin floor useing 320 gritt wet and dry black sand paper, I doped them and let dry then glued then on the cabin deck rechecked for any more details that i can cram in the enterier cabin. It is a shame a lot cant be seen when you close up the cabin but you know its there. After i closed up the cabin compartment I will let same dry for the night next assembly will be the pilots compartment. After reviewing the a website that Ron sent me I only regret that i should seen this a head of time and I could have done the passenger compartment a little diffewrent then what the kit suggest. but all in all I looks great the Clear packiong tape inhanced the brightness of the stained brown color as I used to simulate the enterier walls.I gave the cabin 3 coats of Krylon spray to brinbg out the color and protect the finish this Krylon is good stuff again Ron I thank You. No more 50 50 dope my firstmate apprreciates it no more oder of banana oil smell that packs one heck of a head ache. My Camera is good for one or two more pix I think the batteries are going ddown. Here is closeing of the passenger cabin
Attached Thumbnails
Old 07-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Eternal Member

Boats,
You are doing the Tin Goose proud....Ron
Old 07-29-2010, 11:17 PM

Pilots compartment and canopy frame assembly

Ahoy

Ok Fellas this will be the last for the night old boats is getting tuckered out I am ready for the fasrt sack. Excuse my French LOLlllllllllllllllllll ok so far I have the pilots compartment all assembled wasn,t to much to it consisiting of 13 parts didn,t add any more detail to the compartment but in the morning I will do a little more to bring out some detail. throttle quadrants I will add usaeing sprue with glue on the ends and paint same or I can use wire what ever floats my ship. After reviewing what color scheme to use I the kit offers 3 color schedules 1. all allumiinum with black logos, 2. alluminun with blue trim,3 alluminum with blue trim with red leading edges on the wings black logos. I elected paint schedule NO.3 colorfull. another great feature That I forgot to mention in the beging of the thread is that you dont have to use any back up stock for beefing up former parts and wing spars and ribs, the card stock in the booklet is very thick so it eliminates any extra card back up. As to the assembly the kit is very straight forward with no fit issues this is what i call a kit even the novis can build this kit without any struggle. The instructions are step by step you cant go wrong.

The next step I cutted out canopy frames and colored them in with my color pencil the blue color looks almost right on compared with the picture on the booklet. Letting these assemblies dry for the night tommorow I will install the canopy frames and add a little more detail in the cockpit when finish the next step will be the skins this is when the fun begins. Here are the attachments for tonight once again please excuse the quality of the pictures my batteries are getting low again. tommorow I will have fresh batteries then i can take better oictures what this model deserves. Here are the attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0002.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0003.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0004.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0005.jpg  
Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Eternal Member

Boats,
It is really taking shape under your capable hands. I agree
with your color selection as depicted on the front cover
with the red colored leading edges on the wings. TAT
I believe was the forerunner of United Airlines if my memory
is correct......Ron
Google Adsense