PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Hi, Boats;
I've been lurking from the start, enjoying your thread. I like the level of detail you give; it is very helpful. You also seem to pull in all sorts of interesting and entertaining comments, so it is fun to read as well as being instructive.

The Ford Trimotor is one of my personal favorites too, and I had never known about this model until you started. It is looking very very good so far, and I will be watching as you go on with your excellent work.

Thomas
Old 08-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Hi Skipper... You are very VERY busy with two models on the go. Both are coming along wonderfully has is always the case from you. Your descriptive words that go with each build are very welcomed by us all who follow you. Keep up the great work Grand dad Boats
Old 08-03-2010, 12:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meek View Post
Hi, Boats;
I've been lurking from the start, enjoying your thread. I like the level of detail you give; it is very helpful. You also seem to pull in all sorts of interesting and entertaining comments, so it is fun to read as well as being instructive.

The Ford Trimotor is one of my personal favorites too, and I had never known about this model until you started. It is looking very very good so far, and I will be watching as you go on with your excellent work.

Thomas

Thomas
Thank you for your reply on my Ford Tri motor classic airliner of the past. I try to be brief to the point on my builds and as informitive as possible because some day someone is going to build on of these and the other builds I have done useing the same kits I built. It will give them a great wealth of information in how about to build the model. and I am a colorfull fellow, flaw of my character I am popeye the sailor man I am what I am and I have 85 percent of my body is full of 30 years worth of tatoos, in the Navy I had them done all over the world. Thank you again for your wonderfull replys I appareciate it.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Hi Skipper... You are very VERY busy with two models on the go. Both are coming along wonderfully has is always the case from you. Your descriptive words that go with each build are very welcomed by us all who follow you. Keep up the great work Grand dad Boats

Grand son Peter
Thank you son for your reply as you can see I am busy turning two on to builds the same time I love it I wouldn,t have it any other way. Between working the bugs out of the B-17 build and this here Tri motor I am getting something done of importance. Ron has been very helpfull to me on his design and I want to make it right for him so he can produce a wonderfull product for us modlers. thank you for your always candid replys on my builds. I got a good feeling your going to surprise everyone with a BIG BIG BIG BANGGGGGGGGGGG I can feel it in my heart and soul, Thank you grandson for your reply
Old 08-03-2010, 12:34 AM

Wing assembly

Ok Gang
Between the Flying fortress and the Tri motor I been busy on both and my first mate Ruthie keeps me on my toes too. Not a bit tired. at 70 I must be going through a marathon contest. Ok as for the build today I been working on the wiing assembly I constructed the outer port wing assembly useing the diagnal and horizonal spar and rib layout for the wing.Giveing the wing a stron and stable results for the closeing of the skin. After building the spar and ribs on the port wing I let this assembly dry for about 3 hours and proceed the same with the starboard wing. I am letting the starboard wing assembly dry over night and I will skin the right wing. when the port wing was dried I checked for any twist or warps. None, I rolled the outer port wing skin and cemented same to the port wing.The wing is smooth straight and true no warps. I,m happy dont want to have the wing looking like propeller. I gave the fuselodge 3 more coats of Krylon spray to give it a sheen, By tommorows end I should have the whole wing skinned and finished, then I will install the wing to the fuselodge, Here are some attachments of todays build.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0002.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0004.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0005.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0006.jpg  

Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0007.jpg  
Old 08-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
The curves going to sudden straight and flat surfaces must be a nightmare on this model, but you have got them all BANG ON !!!! The canopy area looks tough cookie, but that's perfect what you achieved.. those really deep rolled wing leading edges could so easily be warped or dented... but you have got that all sorted out too. A real pleasure to watch Grand dad Boats The BIG surprise build i am going to be starting very soon - waiting for some spray glue to laminate parts BIG parts. Patience Skipper... soon all will be revealed :D
Old 08-03-2010, 01:47 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Looks good Boats! , maybe I should start to build mine, and make it another side by side build :D
Old 08-03-2010, 01:56 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Would that make it a double side by side build or side by side double build ?
Old 08-03-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
Would that make it a double side by side build or side by side double build ?

Billy
We will call it the a Double side by side Marathon Ford Tri motor verses the B-17. Ron is sending me another B-17 he redueced it down to 1 percent so that the clear nose cone will fit former 13 and may help the panel line alignments. I will be starting on part 1 this time i will follow instructions it was an error on my part not following Rons instructions, Being the designer we got follow his instructions and be informutive towards the build so he can make adjustments. he dont know if we dont tell him. We got to keep a happy ship this is serious buisness, your build looks xswell with that shiney silver paper looks like a factory finish right out of the assembly plant good job billy thanks for the reply I am honered.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Boats Sir I love the Trimotor! She is coming along very well