Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Oops forgot to add the link....Ron
Pan Am's Aircraft - Ford Trimotor 5-AT
Old 07-30-2010, 06:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Assembling of the skins and cockpit frame

Ahoy fellas
Been at this pretty much all day today and still building strong. Ao far in the build I finished up the details in the pilots compartment, I adde three throttle quadrants and some misc, dials and switchs you cant see them but i know they are there.When the cockpit was done ready for the installation of the frames. The blue has dries hard I backed off the frames with CA glue to give them addoitional strength useing 5 minute epoxie to install same to the canopy used a piece of tape to hold down untill assembly is dried then went back over with the blue marker pencil. The results came out great, Now I am prepareing the two forward skins by cutting out the windows on the side and all tabs. Befor cementing makeing certain that the windows all line up perfectly with the windows in the passenger conpartment unit. Here are a couple attachments of this assembly The next attachment will be the completed forward fuselodge assembly
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0002.jpg  
Old 07-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Hey.... Just found you here with this great build Grand dad Boats. You are making a real great aircraft of our times, and your work is excellent. On board now, and will be watching Skipper.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks great so far. Very clean canopy window installation.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Looks great so far. Very clean canopy window installation.

Don

Don

Thanks very much it took 5 hours to get it right a little tricky although it looks simple enough, I used 5 minute epoxie to cement it in with this stuff works wonders on anything, She is getting there, thanks again Don for your replys Sir.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:41 PM

Fuselodge and skin assembly

Ahoy fellas
Knocked off for the night did alot for the day. for the update build I skinned and assembled the fuselodge assembly resulting in a strong fuselodge frame, A very clever idea that Mr. Zorn incorporated like that of the passenger cabin all boxed substructure with the skin veneering over it. very remarkable. after the last attachment I finished the forward fuselodge skin and let this assembly dry while I constructed the rea section. all boxed in substructure makeing it ready to skin, After I let the substructure dry I went to the decoration for United Airlines color schedule. Here as mentioned before the kit gives you a choice of airline companys. The decoration is all paper you cut it out and cement into position where indicated. I gave the canopy frames and front section skin another coat of blue color from my color pencil set. The second coat really brings out the color. Letting these dry for the night I went ahead and installed the rear fuselodge section and burnished it in you can hardley see where the joining seam is at when you put the rear Airline logo on over the seam it will even hide it more. This truely is a wonderfull kit, It is a shame that this kit isn,t reissued, it would make one heck of a must for the card modler in mind. For tommorow I will add the decoration and do some more burnishing and i will proceed with the stabilizer and rudder assembly. here are the attachments for the night.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Ahoy fellas
Knocked off for the night did alot for the day. for the update build I skinned and assembled the fuselodge assembly resulting in a strong fuselodge frame, A very clever idea that Mr. Zorn incorporated like that of the passenger cabin all boxed substructure with the skin veneering over it. very remarkable. after the last attachment I finished the forward fuselodge skin and let this assembly dry while I constructed the rea section. all boxed in substructure makeing it ready to skin, After I let the substructure dry I went to the decoration for United Airlines color schedule. Here as mentioned before the kit gives you a choice of airline companys. The decoration is all paper you cut it out and cement into position where indicated. I gave the canopy frames and front section skin another coat of blue color from my color pencil set. The second coat really brings out the color. Letting these dry for the night I went ahead and installed the rear fuselodge section and burnished it in you can hardley see where the joining seam is at when you put the rear Airline logo on over the seam it will even hide it more. This truely is a wonderfull kit, It is a shame that this kit isn,t reissued, it would make one heck of a must for the card modler in mind. For tommorow I will add the decoration and do some more burnishing and i will proceed with the stabilizer and rudder assembly. here are the attachments for the night.

Sorry fellas I forgot to upload the pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0004.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0005.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0006.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0009.jpg  
Old 07-31-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron40 View Post
Oops forgot to add the link....Ron
Pan Am's Aircraft - Ford Trimotor 5-AT

Ron

Thanks Sir I am on it a lot good information here had no idea The Tri- Motor had so many airline companys back then I assumed they were all one company. you learn something every day. Thanks loads
Old 07-31-2010, 09:52 AM

Fuselodge decoration

Ahoy fellas
In this next step I am installing the Airline decoration all blue for American Airlines. The Logo was colored in with my art pencils Blue and Red, I let these dry after the art work was done, then I installed same. When the decoration is finished I will proceed with the rudder and stabilizer assembly. with these color trims for the airline company makes the model adds a very colofull model instead of the traditional all alluminum finish they required at that time. here are a couple attachments of the decoration.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0002.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0003.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0004.jpg   Ford Tri- Motor 1/33 Scale-pict0005.jpg