PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Best wishes Pete. And my first thought was the same as willygoat's, what about the possiblity of surgeons gloves?

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Or even some form of barrier cream?

Get well, soon, Peter!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Hi guys. Thanks for the story Ash and all those intent on making me jealous :( I WANT A GO :D O'k i said the Cockpit would be complete in this next up-date, but the leaking hands - and now a hole in the palm {the bit that's near the wrist} has appeared So much for the Gel... will have to see if there is anything more that can be done about this - in the meantime i am backing off till the stuff has dried up completely. So here's where i am at with the cockpit - After re-drawing and correcting some parts: 16 Levers on the throttle quadrant {only 12 in the kit} + re-design the quadrant pedestal then re-painting knobs from black to white. Some other bits 'n' bobs all here for you in the attachments. So stay tuned folks, back when the skin makes it safe to continue :(

Grandson Peter

Those throttle quadrants and yokes look wondefull it will give Big Buff agreat touch of detail to her enterier.you going to be like me better find an annex to hang this beauty up. I can amagine the size of this behemoth. I thought my Lancaster and Halifax bombers wewre big. For these assemblies grandson you will get this over the 1mc

A HARDY WELL DONE:D:D:D
Old 09-25-2010, 04:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.98 MB
Hi Peter, you know we'll be here for you when you can begin again
had a little look at wikipedia and i have to say i don't envy your codition
as to the glove thing it doesn't look as it will be a good thing
QOUTE
Keeping skin damp will trigger or worsen an outbreak. For this reason, people with dyshidrosis should wear gloves, socks, and shoes made of materials which "breathe well", such as cotton or silk. Certain fabrics may greatly irritate the condition, including wool, nylon and many synthetic fabrics.

Bandages, plasters or other types of skin-tapes may be irritating to dyshidrosis and should be avoided. As the skin needs to breathe, anything that encourages maceration of the palms should be avoided. If the 'wounds' are raw enough to warrant covering, pure cotton gloves or gauze should be used. Liquid Band-Aid brand bandage may be tolerated and helpful, refer to the Treatment section, below.

Latex and vinyl gloves may increase irritation
END QOUTE
think you have to stand back a while and let the hands get better and let it take it's time and don't start too soon as it might flare up again
get well soon Peter
Old 09-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kamser View Post
Hi Peter, you know we'll be here for you when you can begin again
had a little look at wikipedia and i have to say i don't envy your codition
as to the glove thing it doesn't look as it will be a good thing
QOUTE
Keeping skin damp will trigger or worsen an outbreak. For this reason, people with dyshidrosis should wear gloves, socks, and shoes made of materials which "breathe well", such as cotton or silk. Certain fabrics may greatly irritate the condition, including wool, nylon and many synthetic fabrics.

Bandages, plasters or other types of skin-tapes may be irritating to dyshidrosis and should be avoided. As the skin needs to breathe, anything that encourages maceration of the palms should be avoided. If the 'wounds' are raw enough to warrant covering, pure cotton gloves or gauze should be used. Liquid Band-Aid brand bandage may be tolerated and helpful, refer to the Treatment section, below.

Latex and vinyl gloves may increase irritation
END QOUTE
think you have to stand back a while and let the hands get better and let it take it's time and don't start too soon as it might flare up again
get well soon Peter
Hey Guys, many many thanks for all your well wishes, means a lot to me. You are right with what you say, the problem is exacerbated by covering it over with gloves and i was advised against using them. She {my Doctor} could see i was a tad angry with this damn problem and then went on to say "Anxiety wont help it either" - i think that was her way of telling me to chill out Oh well, what will be will be - One thing for sure is this.... When the stuff has cleared, i will work at faster speeds on the BUFF to get as much done as possible before {if} the problem flares up again.
Google Adsense
Old 09-25-2010, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
hope your hands get better peter cant wait to see this plane done
Old 09-25-2010, 10:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 780.63 MB
Oh my god, what a huge bird! I never will have enough space to let this model stay in my rooms. The "BUFF" is also one of my favorite planes, but i fear, i have to built it in plastis in 1:144 scale!
A well done modell!
Martin
Old 09-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Hope the problems clear up fast mate but when they do please do not try to catch up which is what I did this bout of rsi. Now I am having to go very slowly which is working better and watch out not to strain your eyes they have to last a lot of years.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
So, Peter. Sounds like a stiff drink (anxiety), air filter (dust), and a vacuum cleaner (more/less dust) should hurry you along. If not, well there's always a little more in the bottle.

Yogi
Old 09-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
When the stuff has cleared, i will work at faster speeds on the BUFF to get as much done as possible before {if} the problem flares up again.
Don't work too fast, Pete. Otherwise, the Big Ugly Flying Fella (not the correct word, but best one to use in a public forum) just might turn into a big and ugly fella 8v)

Do take care of the condition, my friend.
Google Adsense