PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Droop or Swoop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woppy73 View Post
Also reinforce the three main spars or lengthen them to intrude the main wing box. My Buff is hanging on the ceiling and slowly lowers her wings. Wolfgang
As you aficionados surely know, table displays of the BUFF can sit on the gear as the wing is supposed to droop. Ceiling hangers should hang from the wings (one line carrying the weight from the fuselage and a tension line to each wingtip to flex them upward - adjust as needed) to get the right upward flex the airplane has in flight.

Yogi (preaching to the choir again ...)
Old 08-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by woppy73 View Post
Hi Peter - glad someone does the beast too.
I once did it and recolored it to the NASA Mothership "Balls 3". Pictures and a report can be found here : Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um's Kartonmodell... | abgeschlossene Bauberichte | [Fertig] Boeing NB-52A "The High and Mighty One" GPM Nr. 66 1:33 + X-15

From my fading memories i can tell you that fit is rather bad and the worst thing were the engines. Also reinforce the three main spars or lengthen them to intrude the main wing box. My Buff is hanging on the ceiling and slowly lowers her wings :(.

One thing left to say : Go ! Go ! Go ! :D

kind regards,
Wolfgang
Thanks for showing me your build and i love the scheme you chose it is one of my favourites - i have a huge book covering just that one version and all the great work that went in to her.

Thanks to the rest of the guys for all the support thus far. Right.... still no pictures yet.... here's why, just when i thought i'd got all the formers cut out and laminated, i noticed something wrong {gaps} so i looked for parts not mentioned and found a few more internal formers - when i say a few, i mean an additional 64 - add those to the previous figure = 132 formers for the nacelles i have got blisters cutting them out Soooooo the next post WILL have pictures of the engines internal assemblies. Looking forward in to this build, i foresee a lit cockpit and beacons {fuselage and undercarriage} This is a once in a lifetime build - so i think i should just GO FOR IT..... YES ?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow were do you put it ?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
In a word Peter- YES! :D
Old 08-17-2010, 11:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.00 GB
yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, :D:D:D
Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
O.K guys i think that's a YES then :D I have started putting the engine formers together - Top and bottom of one nacelle and just the top of another. With the repetitive nature of these units, i am building them up in stages. I will be adding the intakes and nozzles to engine #1 tomorrow and completing the formers on the other 3 nacelles if the time allows. Not a great deal to show for the few hours of work, but has promised here are some pictures for you. {the picture of the formers spread out, is a shot i took before i found the rest }
Attached Thumbnails
The Stratofortress 1:33 Scale-dscf1474.jpg   The Stratofortress 1:33 Scale-dscf1475.jpg   The Stratofortress 1:33 Scale-dscf1477.jpg   The Stratofortress 1:33 Scale-dscf1478.jpg   The Stratofortress 1:33 Scale-dscf1480.jpg  

Old 08-17-2010, 06:50 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Well now, that really puts things into perspective. Most of my models' major assemblies (and some whole models) fit on that same cube...
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 08-17-2010, 10:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
O.K guys i think that's a YES then :D I have started putting the engine formers together - Top and bottom of one nacelle and just the top of another. With the repetitive nature of these units, i am building them up in stages. I will be adding the intakes and nozzles to engine #1 tomorrow and completing the formers on the other 3 nacelles if the time allows. Not a great deal to show for the few hours of work, but has promised here are some pictures for you. {the picture of the formers spread out, is a shot i took before i found the rest }

Grandson Peter
Very very very outstanding job those engine nacelles are goping be time consumeing like that of my Halifax Bomber. I bet you invesrted at least 6 to 7 hours on the last picture of the engine nacelle resting on the rubics cube. you have 3 more to go and then some keep up the grandson your doing very well and I know your happy with the Buff For this you get A

HARDY WELL DONE
Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 AM

Oh boy, this is gonna be good!!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:03 AM

The engine pod structure is as sophisticated as a regular jet fighter!

Ken