PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
She is coming along at a great speed which is the norm for you Grandad Boats, and looking mighty fine. Look forward to the next up-date Skipper
Grandson Peter
how are you doing today I know your turnoing two on the Buff. My one hell of an airplane I had no idea that they made a card kit of it in this coloaso scale. your going to need an annex hanger to display that. I am holding off for a short recess on the B-17 beta build Ron is getting a few things squared away before he pipes down turn two continue ships work. A pleasure speaking to him over the tellephone a grwat man. Thanks Grandson for your reply on my B24. Now go back to work on your Buff
Old 08-17-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Wow Boats so much done already!.Looks like another fantastic build on its way and another huge model to try and fit into the house.I had the pleasure of having a chat and a cup of tea with a former Blenheim bomber pilot who went on to fly Liberators for Coastal Command.He had some very funny stories about the ways they tried to beat the cold.I look forward as always to following your build.
Phil
thanks for the rep[ly on the Liberator haveing a blast buiulding this one it will keep me busy for a while until Ron gets the bugs out of the B-17 and then i will returtn to the beta build and work on two at a time. The Blehiem bobmer that is as kit i would like to get my knuckledraggin hands on. Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 PM

Fuselodge and skin assembly continued

Ahoy Fellas
Knocked off for the night, after letting the fuselodge skin sections dry I assembled them together and let dry for the night, I have alot of burnishing to do tommorow before go any further all parts so far have issues in the fit department, goes together very well Before I closed the fuselodge units up I installed acetate clear plastic for the windows I installed the waiste gunners interier details before closeing uo the skin section the seams that the fuselodge is assembled looks realistic compared to the real machine, i was looking at a few photos on the enternet they show the same seams. Tommorow I will burnish down the seams to smooth them out dont want to burnish when the glue is still wet. Here are the update attachments of todays build.
Attached Thumbnails
B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0002.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0003.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0004.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0005.jpg  

B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0006.jpg  
Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Ahoy Fellas
Tommorow I will burnish down the seams to smooth them out dont want to burnish when the glue is still wet.

ok this is going to sound stupid (most likely the newbie in me hehe) anyway, what is the purpose of burnishing, how do you do it and when should you do it....to it

Rusty
Old 08-18-2010, 01:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Looking really clean Boats another fantastic build so far. There's a freebie Blenhiem here Untitled which given your incredible speed will probably take you longer to print than it will to build her.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Looking really clean Boats another fantastic build so far. There's a freebie Blenhiem here Untitled which given your incredible speed will probably take you longer to print than it will to build her.
Totally agree Phil... the ink would be barely dry and Grandad Boats would have her hanging for display already.. he's super quick - puts me to shame. This build is looking BEAUTIFUL skipper
Old 08-18-2010, 08:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Wow it look GREAT, what kit is it and where do it get it?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewalston View Post
ok this is going to sound stupid (most likely the newbie in me hehe) anyway, what is the purpose of burnishing, how do you do it and when should you do it....to it

Rusty

Rusty
Burnishing is a technique used by us card modelers, as a tool to smooth and work in the joining seams, when you attach the skins together they leave a seam and this seam sometimes leaves a gap, and other times it dont, Once the glue is dried you take your burnishing tool and work out the the unwanted seams untill they are smooth useing slight presure, to much presure will distort and wrinkle the finish and possibly could colasp the foundation of the formers. A good burnishing tool can be purchased at the leather good section in a craft shop such as micheals they have everything a card modelr can wish for nothing that store dont have. another good burnishing tool is found in everyones home a Tea spoon useing the back of it, or a rounded end of a butter knife works well to, thats what i use, burnishing is very inportant tool of the trade in cardmodeling. A must. Dont burnish when the glue is wet you,ll ruin your model and you wont be a happy camper.In this here forum there are a list of tips and procedures that are very helpfull , IF YOUR IN DOUBT STAY OUT, and go to the modeling tips on this forum much food for thought I hope i answered your question Rusty and I hope I was helpfull on this subject.Now turn two and get that thing burnished.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
She sure is look'n sweet Boats...I just love the look of a B-24 there's just something about it...
Keep it up...She'll be done before 'ya know it.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
Wow it look GREAT, what kit is it and where do it get it?

rickhat
This is the Gomix fly model kit in 1/33 scale try the papermodels store. Not certain if this kit is still available but they have and sell out of print kits I been wanting for a long time the gomix flymodel Short Sunderland flying boat. Try the paper model store this store has everything a card model can dream of A wonderfull place for us card modelers