PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-16-2010, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale

Ahoy Fellas
Holding off for a short recess on the B-17 Beta build time to start a new thread, Ok Shipmates this is a 1/33 Scale gomix Fly model B-24 Liberator Bomber. reviewing the kit about the same degree of that of the halifax bomber. This will be my first B-24 that I will build the last one i had was an ancient kit Revell made in 1956.I remember it i got it for christmas in that year. I han,t built one scince, so I will give this one a whirl. Before I start I would like to thank Mr. Ron Hall for makeing this build again possible. A swell gentlemen to say the least a modlers modlers.

Here is a attachment of the kit I am starting to turn two on. Time 17:21 The build begins.
Attached Thumbnails
B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0001.jpg  
Old 08-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up Brilliant

Hey Grandad, this is AWESOME. I love the engines on this aircraft, the oval cowling's give a real swell look to her. I look forward to this build as i do for all your great works of art. Ron is a great guy, we are getting to see some marvels come to life thanks to him.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Hey Grandad, this is AWESOME. I love the engines on this aircraft, the oval cowling's give a real swell look to her. I look forward to this build as i do for all your great works of art. Ron is a great guy, we are getting to see some marvels come to life thanks to him.

Grandson Peter
thank you son for the reply tbis will be my first Liberator bomber scince 1956, looks to be a good build not to complicated but like all card models time consumeing. you have your hands full on the giant Behemoth Buff. You will need a annex for that huge bird, My god what a plane. I envy you I like to attack one of those buzzards, thank you for the reply.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:33 PM

Pilots compartment assembly

Ahoy fellas
Here are the first pictures of this build. First i cutted out three formers and laminated them with heavey cardstock, Formers 2a 2b and 3b the pilots compatment consist of 18 parts very simple in construction the card stock for the enterier details are in gray color.I took my chromate green marker pencil and colored in the chromate green in all enterier parts lkke that of the real aircraft.I installed skin section part NO.2 along with the two formers 2a and 2b assembled sam,e no fit issues as of yet went together very well, next assembly will be the bombadiers compartment and the skin encloser. Here are the firsat attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0003.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0004.jpg  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:09 PM

Bonbadiers Compartment and skin section.

Ahoy
this will be it for tonight, i have completed the Bombadiers compartment and skin assembly, there are only 5 parts plus 2 formers, I coloered them in with chromate green pencil to take out the gray card stock the kit printed. no fit problems so far. letting these assemblies dry over night and i will assemble same and proceed aft . Here are the attachments for the night.
Attached Thumbnails
B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0005.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0006.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0007.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0008.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 01:51 PM

Fuselodge and skin assembly continued

Ahoy Fellas
Still at it, constructing the sub assemblies of the fuselodge. here are some update attachments of the exploded sub assemblies. should have these done by this evening. then the next step will assembling the fuselodge units. The build is very enjoyable so far, no fit issues, One thing I like about the kit in general is the olive drab paint schedule. the kit gives you an option a choice of dissplaying the bomb bay or have them closed . I elected to have them closed. On the sibject of the bomb bay, there is one flaw on the bomb bay doors they should have been corregated instead of a couple lines printed simulateing the bomb bay door itself, At first I was pondering on makeing 4 bomb bay door assemblies and inking in the corregated lines to simulate the corregated surfaces, but instead to leave well enough alone it wont spoil the kit. Here are the update attachments, the ships mascot had have his picture taken too. not as cute as Rons little Pug Sweety
Attached Thumbnails
B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0009.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0011.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0012.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0013.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0014.jpg  

B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0015.jpg   B-24 Liberator 1/33 Scale-pict0016.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 02:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Wow Boats so much done already!.Looks like another fantastic build on its way and another huge model to try and fit into the house.I had the pleasure of having a chat and a cup of tea with a former Blenheim bomber pilot who went on to fly Liberators for Coastal Command.He had some very funny stories about the ways they tried to beat the cold.I look forward as always to following your build.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 60.55 MB
Looks great, cant wait to see it finished...

btw, im guessing by ur name that you were a destroyerman?

Old 08-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

She is coming along at a great speed which is the norm for you Grandad Boats, and looking mighty fine. Look forward to the next up-date Skipper
Old 08-17-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedparkes View Post
Looks great, cant wait to see it finished...

btw, im guessing by ur name that you were a destroyerman?
Tedparkes
I served on 2 destroyers durring my naval career. U.S.S. WILLIAM C. LAW DD741 Gearing class and U.S.S. DAVIS DD 385 Somers class the rest were Oilers. 30 years I served only wiahed I could of stayed in for life. thanks for your reply on my B-24.