PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Kampfflieger SBC-4 Helldiver

Greetings,

Well, Don said I should build one of Roman's SBC-4s in 1-72nd Scale before the Curtiss F11C Hawk came out. I did finish on time. This is just the first I've been able to post any pictures.

First off, I have no idea how you guys build these in 1/200 Scale and make it look so easy. I must be getting old(er) as 1/72nd is about as small as I want to go. :o

Once again Roman has produced a wonderful kit. This kit all but fell together and was a real joy to build. The only issue I had was the formers were a bit on the small side, but I do believe that was ALL MY FAULT. I decided to cut on the line rather than sand to size. Bad idea. I cut them too small. :o Even with my goof it still came together well.

The only tip I would have is to put parts 11R and L on after installing the lower wing and wrap them around. The first one I put on the wing first...well, lets just say it didn't come out well. The second one I waited and then wrapped around and it came out great.

Jeff

Finished kit....
Attached Thumbnails
Kampfflieger SBC-4 Helldiver-so-begins.jpg   Kampfflieger SBC-4 Helldiver-fuselage-done-wings-close.jpg   Kampfflieger SBC-4 Helldiver-finished-head-.jpg   Kampfflieger SBC-4 Helldiver-finished-side-view.jpg   Kampfflieger SBC-4 Helldiver-finished-going-away.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-21-2010, 03:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beauty! And a very inviting and well-organized work space.

Someday, you must provide a tutorial on the use of the screw driver in paper model building, Jeff!

Don